Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Cyber Window Shopping

I can't believe I went a whole three hours today without checking out The Fat Quarter Shop! And during those three hours, the new 2009 Designer Mystery BOM was added! Out of my new favorite fabric, Glace! Yes, I reserved my place! LOL.

I got a box in today from Kimberly. Some automatic shipments. So I'll have to add money to my savings account and a confession to make on Sunday's Stash Report. And I won't even go to the quilt show until this weekend. Looks like I'll be a busy little bee sewing to bust in the next couple of weeks. I am determined my numbers are going to end this year with busted yardage, instead of backwards like last year!

Today there was a mess on the freeway that I travel to and from work. Right by the office it was closed because a tanker truck overturned and spilled a load of liquid asphalt over all lanes. What a traffic mess!! The accident happened at around 5:00 this morning, and the freeway finally opened at 5:00 tonight. Millions of people had to divert to ground streets and to other freeways. Not fun!

I'm still sewing and twirling. I think I'm going to bed now, though. I woke up at 3:00 a.m., so it's been a long day!

Oh, darn, I forgot to eat again. I guess it's too late now. Oh, well, I won't wither away!

12 comments:

pdudgeon said...

i saw that they had the glace fabric in, and it certainly is pretty. going to look for the BOM now......

Yvette said...

I was in that freeway mess too! I left a half hour early when I saw it on the news and I was still late.

Those fabrics are delicious and tempting.

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

Bad, bad girl! Stop looking at that site! I think the Heartland Heritage Mystery BOM fabrics are cute, but I already have the FQ bundle and Autumn Houses monthly shipments so I must resist! I'll look forward to seeing your Glace BOM blocks.

Jocelynilla said...

You are way too fast, Vicky! :D

Kim West said...

YOU ARE SO BAD!!! I want to do it, but I have to wait to see if funds will be available. I am already doing more BOM blocks because of you!

Gretchen said...

Oh I wish you hadn't told me about this BOM!!! I may have to sign up for this. I love this fabric line.

Anonymous said...

Vicky-I was this (.) close to jumpimg in and ordering the B.O.M.--You megged (oops, I don't even know if I'm allowed to use that word anymore) me last year to get the Peace on Earth BOM and I only have done one of them. I have really been a bad girl!!! I'm sewing every day, but just not on that and I do love it to pieces. Hugs, Bobbie

Auntie Pami said...

I agree, I love the Glace line.

Perry said...

One needs to eat to be able to twirl you know. I am going to try to resist the new BOM of Kimberly's. We'll see how long that lasts, lol. I am now caught up with SS so am waiting for you to tell us where to post that info.

Anonymous said...

Doesn't that new BOM look gorgeous? I reserved my spot too, the Glace line of fabric looks so yummy!

Julia said...

How can you forget to eat? That is one problem that I do not have! lol

Nan said...

I went to visit the Fat Quarter Shop - the new site is WOW!
I haven't spent $$ on fabric yet this year - I'm trying for a stash bust too. You're always such a temptress, Vicky!