Sunday, January 25, 2009

Stash Report Week 4

Simply Sophisticate BOM block makers, please post your finishes HERE for the drawing today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I enter the time of the year that's so busy for me, my sewing time will be less and less. I am going to try to sew something every week to get some finishes, but my focus is going to have to be on work until July.

Last year I cut out a bunch of quilts during this time but this year I'll spend that time sewing instead. My goal is end up with tops and not UFOs. Lordy, I have enough UFOs already!

I received the first block for the Charleston Harbor BOM that Kimberly offered at The Fat Quarter Shop. I don't see the BOM on the site any more, so it must be sold out. Here is a link to the pattern. Along with that block came the four yards of backing that I preordered, so that's my one addition to the stash this week.

I'm still working on the Heritage pinwheel quilt, but I had to put it aside yesterday to catch up on BOMs. Well, I didn't have to, but I just needed to get away from it for a day. I'm in the process of turning those pinwheels into four patches. I'm going to stick with this one through to a completed top. I'm afraid if I put it aside that it will be a UFO that I'll never finish. It's not difficult, just tedious.

Besides the BOM and backing that was automatically shipped, I picked up a pack of Templar and some applique glue at Ginger's this week. $68.52 in my savings account.

So that's it for me this week. We'll see what next week brings!

Year-to-Date Totals:

Busted: 27.50 yards
Purchased: 44.625 yards
Net YTD: <17.125> yards busted

4 comments:

Granny said...

No matter how much you get done, or how little you perceive it to me, most people I know wouldn't get anything done at home if they had the day job you have. For the next few months, if you just move a stack of fabric from one corner to the next corner, consider that you've done more than I would have done.

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

I got the pattern and Block #1 kit for Autumn Houses yesterday!!! Did you get yours yet?

Carol said...

You get an amazing amount of stuff done. Just keeping up with BOM's could be a full time job...LOL!

Lori in South Dakota said...

Dear Vicky--don't overwork yourself, the stash will still be there!