Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Early 1998


This is a really old picture that I found yesterday while cleaning out the garage. Daisy was less than a year old, and we had taken her to see the Dachshund races one Sunday. I don't even remember where we were, but it was a little German village setting and just beautiful. There was a restaurant right next to the races that had outside tables and your dogs were welcomed at the tables. This was her first venture out anywhere except to the vet. She was nervous in the car, but was really alert looking at all the other doxies once we got there. And she thoroughly enjoyed the special plate of dog food we ordered for her off the menu! Spoiled? Naw!

It's not a very good picture of me, but it's definitely one for the scrapbook! My hair was growing back after being shaved and then lost again following the illnesses in 1996 and the meds which lasted through three-quarters of 1997. I told the whole story in my June 11, 2006 blog. This was my first real haircut in almost two years. My hairdresser talked me into cutting all the scragglies off and getting it into somewhat of a style. My bangs were barely covering the scar which started in my hairline above the middle of my forehead. I remember at this point in the day I was really tired, and was ready to go home and lay down. Still didn't have much strength at this point. But it was a fun day!
What a sweet little Daisy. She was so skinny!! And young!! Despite all her health problems now, she's still just the sweetest puppy you'd ever want to meet!
Happy New Year!

12 comments:

Bonnie said...

Vicky, I think you are beautiful and Daisy is so cute!!! I bet the picture was a true find for you. Bonnie

Granny said...

I agree with Bonnie - you and Daisy are both so cute! Daisy looks very interested in whatever she's watching! I'm so glad she's sweetie! I was about to believe there are no nice dachshunds.

Jeanne said...

Happy New Year, dear Vicky!
Aaaah, 1998 was such an eternity ago. And how much we've grown since then, wiser and stronger!
Hugs ~ Jeanne

DPUTiger said...

Very cute pic! I went back and read that old blog post. My aunt Suzie has also gone through a brain tumor. Benign, except for its location, at the base of her brain. She's had two procedures on it including a gamma knife procedure a year or two ago. I'm sorry you had to go through all of that, but happy that you are doing well now and have a great perspective on the whole experience. Have a great 2008!

Anonymous said...

Awww, what a cute picture. You'll be glad to hear I am working on block one of the Piece and Plenty quilt, I have just finished two of the filler blocks, I'm using the freezer paper method of foundation piecing, since I suck at paper piecing. Hope you're having a Happy New Year so far.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Vicky, that's a cute picture of you and Daisy. I'm glad all worked out for you and that you and Daisy are both happy and well. I'm happy to have met you in person and then again in blogland.
Happy New Year!!!

Erin said...

Vicky I think the picture is definitely a keeper of the both of you! Happy New Year!

Gizmo said...

What a great find! Does Daisy know you're posting her baby pictures??
Happy New Year!

Holly said...

Vicky, That is a great picture of you and Daisy!

Kim said...

Great photo except you look slightly stoned! ROFLOL! Certainly I understand why after reading your description of the circumstances of the photo. I remember reading the post about your tumor waaay back near the start of my blog-reading and it was very touching. I couldn't comment at the time, because I had no identity--just another anonymous blog stalker! You've come through a lot, Vicky, and I'm so happy that you have--come through, that is! Hugs!

meggie said...

Hi Vicky, I saw you on Jeannes blog & had to pop over to see your dog. I love this photo of you & Daisy.
I am amazed by your stash!! I thought mine was large, but I see now it is a drop in the ocean!!LOL.

Nan said...

I love that photo of you and Daisy! You look wonderful after all you'd been through, I think! And isn't Daisy just the cutest baby ever? I have a bad case of doxie love, I tell you what!! I know you understand completely! 1998 seems such a long time ago, doesn't it? And you and Daisy are still healthy and happy together, and that's the most important thing!! How could you not be happy? Doxies = happiness in my book!!