Saturday, January 05, 2008

Organizing? Yikes!





I decided to tackle the stash room today. What was I thinking?!!

That room is pretty good sized, and the entire floor was covered with baskets of fabric, bags of fabric, boxes of fabric, tubs of fabric, fabric, fabric, fabric. I stopped in at Target this morning and picked up 12 additional tubs. They're full and this is what's still needing to get rounded up.
My goal was to get the tubs in the garage, but that's going to take more organizing in the garage.

I guess I can get in the closet and organize it better so that maybe some of those tubs will fit. Maybe. The problem is the bolts lining the top of all the closets.

I honestly don't know how this happened in 6.5 short years. Definitely don't need ANY more fabric EVER. Maybe it's a good thing this job was undertaken right after the stash-busting resolution!

Gratitudes: I'll have to ponder this a bit..............

11 comments:

Mar said...

LOL, if you clean it, we will come! I'll even help you ;-o.
ILY!

CONNIE W said...

Vicky, It appears you now have your own personal quilt shop right in your own home. Things could be worse!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

WOW I would say you dont need anymore fabric. ROFLOL!!! Don't you like getting reaquainted with all your fabirc?
Happy cleaning!!!

antique quilter said...

Oh just dream of all the quilts you can make in the next few years right from your own private quilt shop :)
you will be happy when this is done.
Have fun revisiting with all those treasures!
Kathie

meggie said...

I have just read your post of June 2006.
You are one courageous lady! I just had to come back to thank you for sharing your story.
I was very moved & it has brought tears to my eyes to read your positive words.

Patti said...

Good for you - recognizing this and declaring it publicly! Looks like you are making great strides with your organizing, even if it doesn't feel like it.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

It's a struggle we all understand, and can relate to... and so it goes! My husband is forever asking me: "how many quilts do you think you could make if you never bought another piece of fabric?" How would I know?

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Gosh, I hope you aren't going to put totes of goodies in the garage and forget about them? You will have to bring 1 tote in a month just to take a peek! That is a BIG stash you have there - I see lots of beautiful quilts in your future!

Cheers!

Evelyn

lilsis said...

Just had to point out, I don't see a lick of purple or orange there Ms. Vicky. :)

Granny said...

All I can say is . . I hope you weren't planning on sleeping in that bed tonight or next week or . . maybe next month! :) Looks like a fun, fun room to me. Who cares about the organization.

Nan said...

Wow!! That's a lotta fabric!! What fun to look at it all once again, though - I truly enjoy that part! It inspires me to create more quilts!! Sounds to me like you have already made great strides in organizing it all. Good for you!