Friday, January 25, 2008

Pinwheel Garden

I was so excited to see this quilt again! It's Pinwheel Garden from Nine-Patch Extravaganza. The top was made and sent off to Judy, she quilted it, put the binding on, and I never saw it again. Until last weekend at Road. Imagine my surprise to see it hanging next to her at her book signing table! It's a really fun pattern, and I'd like to make another one in bright colors. But I have about a zillion more of her designs to make first! LOL



Applique Club was last night, and only one person showed up. She was a new attendee, and we had a nice time discussing her project and getting her started. It was pouring rain, and I'm sure the ladies didn't want to get out in that. I had to stop for gas when I left Ginger's, and I felt like a duck by the time I got home!

This weekend I'm going to sew big time! I know I'm going to assemble the blocks shown in the last post, and hopefully finish up borders and all. I need to get back on Hometown Christmas as I've fallen far behind on that challenge. And I also want to finish prepping the last applique block of All Things Christmas. Haircut early tomorrow, and then I'm hiding in my sewing room for the rest of the weekend! UFOs here I come!!

Gratitudes:

~ Our mountains are beautiful and totally white!
~ Special K strawberry breakfast bars. :) :) :)
~ Sticks and stones ...

9 comments:

Kim said...

Vicky, I'm not sure you're a very good advertisement for Judy's quilting services! It's not good to send a quilt off to a quilter and never see it again! ROFLOL! Beautiful quilt, tho! Is it yours now? Oh, I'm SOOO glad to hear you're getting back to the Hometown Christmas because there are certain SLACKERS--and I'm not naming names, but Sharon knows who she is--who haven't even started yet! I swear I'm calling the quilt police on that gal! ROFLOL!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

WHO ME????? ROFLOL!!! Is that Kim talking about me???

Mar said...

That quilt is a beauty!!

atet said...

What a lovely quilt! I can't wait to see what you get done over the weekend!

Vicki W said...

The quilt is really pretty! What a nice surprise to see it at the show!

Vicky said...

Oh, goodness, I need to explain, Kim! This quilt was made for Judy, using one of her designs, specifically for her book. When I sent it off to her, I never really expected to see it again! LOL. Thanks, Judy, for leaving it with me when you were here. It's a fabulous pattern!

Granny said...

Those strawberry bars are good, aren't they? Kim's right . . when you send me a quilt, you may never see it again. Look what happened to Lisa's quilt! :) I hope you get more sewing done in the coming week than you ever have done in the past!

Anonymous said...

I remember that quilt! How nice that you have it now. And "losing" it for a while is a small price to pay for having someone else bind it.

Nan said...

What a beautiful quilt - you do lovely work, Vicky! Congratulations on your A+!!
Enjoy the weekend sewing!