Saturday, January 26, 2008

Here Comes Santa



I love Bird Brain Designs. Love their stuff. When I first visited their booth at Road, I saw this adorable redwork wallhanging, and decided to think about it a bit. Well, about 15 minutes later I was ready to go back and buy it. They were out! Okay, I didn't really need it! The last day of the show, I went back to their booth to get their business card, and found out they were taking orders for the pattern and also the red perle cotton for the redwork. I ordered it last Sunday and promptly forgot about it.

The postman rang the doorbell a while ago and handed me a package. It was the order from Bird Brain! What a nice surprise!

And it was not fabric!! LOL

11 comments:

Carol said...

Oh I love that one...I did the same thing...saw it in the booth and decided to think about it...now I'm home and think I must have it. I'll have to get it online...it is great.

Granny said...

It's very cute and I actually thought about getting that too!

Darlene said...

OMG, Vicky - a friend brought that to me this evening. Bird Brain Designs was at the Craft and Sewing Festival in Phoenix this week end and when my friend saw this pattern she immediately decided I needed to own it. LOL It's absolutely adorable!

Kim said...

Very cute! I was looking at a couple of their patterns today. And I'm SOOO glad to see you're doing your part to shore up the economy even if you're not buying fabric! LOL!

Cher said...

looks cute Vicky! sounds like you are going to be sewing up a storm this weekend- looking forward to seeing your top come together

Sweet P said...

That's an adorable redwork piece. Too bad I have more patterns than I can use right now. I'll make it vicariously through you, OK?

Erin said...

very cute Vicky! Nice one to work on over time for Christmas!

Anonymous said...

That's the one my neighborhood group made, and it did very well at auction. Enjoy!

Nan said...

I am oohing and aahing over that pattern! I NEED it, too!! Hooray! Another project! Thanks, Vicky - LOL!!

Linda C said...

Oh, that is one that I have got to track down, Vicky! I love to embroider, among other things, and Santas to boot! Sounds like you and Judy had a great visit and a lot of fun at the Road to CA show.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Love me some Bird Brain too. Carol and I spent some bucks at that booth.