Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sunday 1-20-08 Report

Two full days at Road to CA, and I've been so darn good that I'm feeling plumb righteous!!

I did buy a wonderful Country Threads kit using the American Pinwheel #587 pattern, with gorgeous patriotics and tea-dyed colored neutrals. I want the quilt bigger, so I'm going to pull from my stash to make it so. This kit contained 6.25 yards of fabric. This quilt will be my snuggle quilt in the living room.

But then I pulled out a whole pile of marbled FQs for my friends to go through and take. They are all gone! That's 28 yards of fabric out of here!

I can even do the math on this one! 6.25 yards in and 28 yards out! Busted 21.75 yards this week!! Okay, okay, there's no quilt to show for that busted yardage but I'll be sewing again come next weekend!

The show has been wonderful. I picked up maybe three pattens, a book on embroidery, a few packs of wool roving, applique needles, the new Bigger Perfect Circles by Karen Kay Buckley, General chalk pencils, etc., etc. Oh, and some white kitchen towels for embroidery. I also picked up a case for my Pendant Lamp, and a light to hook on the side of my sewing machine. It's called Bendable Bright Light and you can see it at http://www.bendablebrightlight.com/. It was a little pricey but will be perfect for these old eyes.

I am so proud of myself. I was able to satisfy my need to shop without enhancing the stash too much. Everything that followed me home will be put to very good use, and I've rid myself of a whole big bag of fabric! A very good weekend!!

Judy will be going to the quilt show today. I'll drop her off this morning, and then go back at about 3:00 to meet up with her. We have to pick up our quilts between 4:30 and 5:30. My niece will finally get her quilt! LOL

I met some wonderful ladies who stopped by to visit Judy at the book signing. Carol W, hello!! It's so funny to meet someone for the first time who knows your dog's name! LOL

Pictures later.

STASH BUSTING TALLY YEAR-TO-DATE -- 20.5 YARDS!!

Incoming - 8.25 yards
Busted - 28.75 yards

12 comments:

Vicki W said...

Rock on with your stash busting! I hope I am as well-behaved when I attend Mid-Atlantic next month.

antique quilter said...

Thats amazing you did a wonderful job at the show.
good for you!
YOu should be very proud of yourself.
glad your having so much fun and enjoying your visit with Judy.

Kathie

Anonymous said...

Hey, I was waiting and waiting for you guys to all show up at Sharon's house the other night. You missed a really fun, fun, fun once in a lifetime party, Sharon is a unique and terrific hostess! I guess you were busy petting your purchases. LOL

Darlene said...

Wow, you did really, really well. I'm very impressed! :-)

But, but, but what did you get for me? LOL

Bon said...

You did fantastic!!! I'm wondering of those FQs will show up in others' reports as a gain. LOL That light looks really great. Good buy on that one.

Randi said...

Lucky friends! That was very generous of you...Great job on the self control at the show!

Marla said...

Great report. Keep up the good work! Hopefully I too will be good when we hit 2 shops on the way to retreat.

Norma said...

I missed you guys! When we got to Ginger's booth, it was about 12:10 or so and Judy's chair was empty. I didn't see anyone there who looked like you and they were so busy that I didn't ask. My sweet husband was being such a trooper there in the middle of all those women that I didn't suggest going back. I am sorry, I did so want to meet both of you.

It was great, I loved just being there!! Did not buy much, not stash busting but trying to buy only what I have a need for NOW, but seeing all that quilting stuff under one roof was terrific! Already planning next year's trip!

Anonymous said...

It was great to meet you and Judy yesterday. It was my first time to go to the Road to California quilt show and it certainly won't be my last.
Caryl W from San Diego

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Gold star for you! That is a great report with you being right in the middle of the show and all!

Cheers!

Evelyn

Mar said...

Thank you for being such a generous hostess! ;-) I guess I now need to do a stash report, LOL
ILY

Nan said...

Congrats on the stash busting! I can't wait to see the Country Threads kit sewn up - I love their patterns. I am going to seriously look at that Bendable Bright Light - these old eyes of mine could use some help, too! Thanks for the link.