Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I'm Spoiled

I think everyone should have the opportunity for the designer of a quilt they're making to come stay at their house, see a UFO, take apart the mistakes, and remake the blocks for you! Yeah!

I showed Judy a quilt that I was making from one of her patterns. I was real tired one night and sewing beyond the point I should have stopped. Chain piecing, and not testing a block section before sewing more. When I ironed open the pinwheels, they were all wonky. So I just tubbed up the whole project and stuck it in the stash room.

Well, on Monday while I was at work, Judy took apart those pinwheels and fixed them, and then made a completed block for me. I just have to put together 11 more, and assemble the quilt. How cool is that!




It's a shame I couldn't have kept her a couple of months. Think of all the finished UFOs!

Thanks, Judy. I'm going to try to finish up this quilt top this weekend!

I've said it over and over again - she inspires me!

10 comments:

Nan said...

What a gorgeous block, and how sweet of Judy to do that for you! She's a keeper!
I'm glad you only lost one day of work - oops!

Vicki W said...

Yes indeed, system backups are a very good thing!

Granny said...

I would have been in a major panic too. When I do something much smaller but equally as scary, I feel a major whole body sweat breaking out! I hate that feeling. Glad it all worked out for you. I'm also glad I was able to help you out. I think I'd have to stay about 10 years to make a dent in your stash though!

atet said...

Let's hear it for back ups and wonderful house guests! Love that block -- and if Judy wants to come stay at my place I have some blocks she can play with :0).

Shelina said...

I think we need someone like her for all of our UFOs, help us figure out how to fix them.

I would have panicked too - I'm glad most of the data was recovered. That reminds me, I need to backup my files.

Wendy said...

Thank goodness for house guests who are also pattern designers and help desk guys who save all out work. The block is gorgeous.

Darlene said...

A little spoiling never hurt anyone. You deserved a little pampering. :-)

System backups are a very good thing! Glad it's all good.

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

It is beautiful - love your choice of fabrics! And back-ups - always a good investment... a very good investment! Glad to hear that your company had one in place.

Cheers!

Evelyn

Darling Jill Quilts said...

I had a minor computer glitch yesterday, too. I turned off the surge protector strip and I was almost to the end of uploading a 5500+ line file that had been running for 6 hours! Talk about stupid mistake!! It took me almost an hour to get the file together to upload what hadn't been uploaded. Hooray for nightly updates!!!

Linda C said...

now that is a true friend---fixing those pinwheels. Sometimes the simpler blocks can be boogers to get lined up just right!