Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Focused on New Year's Day

Well, it's taken me this far today to make one block!


It even came out fairly accurately square, although it's hard to tell because it's on the sofa cushion which is not perfectly flat.  Just needs a good pressing.

There should be only five more to go, but I'm enlarging this quilt.  So it'll take a while to get it done, but I just said today that I am working to completion!

I may have, though, rethought my cutting things in advance.  Even though the pieces were all marked, it took me over an hour to think it through and get organized.  Might not do that again.

The block is 18" x 18".  Each block will be out of a different blue fabric from the Winter line by Minick & Simpson.  I really love this fabric!

~~~~~~~

End of day and the second block done!  I'm shutting it down for tonight.  Work day tomorrow!


I had fun today!  This one won't be quick but I think I'm going to like the finished quilt!

20 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh that's a lotta little 1/2 sq tri's, but it will be SO worth it when this is done.

Kim Brackett said...

Such a beautiful block, and beautiful fabrics. Love the little red hst.

Hope you have a great 2013!

Cathy said...

Wow! That is most impressive!

Anonymous said...

Love that block, it's on my to do list,Happy New Year. debbiequilter

Cathy said...

Look at all those HSTs! I remember that Winter line, it is very pretty. This quilt will be very impressive.

mascanlon said...

Gorgeous blocks, the quilt will be stunning!Happy New Year to you and Penny, I hope 2013 is a terrific year!

antique quilter said...

love the blocks and oh LOVE that fabric too!
glad to see you sewing again and yes one block at a time and you will have ti done before you know it
Kathie

Carol said...

That is a going to be the most amazing quilt! Love the blocks! Have tons of fun!

Darlene said...

The end of day with two beautiful blocks. woohoo!!!!!

Melanie said...

I just love it!!!!

laurie said...

It looks grand!

Diane aka cameldiva said...

Awesomeness. Loving the different placement of the reds. Here's to toasting your new work- may it see completion sooner than later. I thought about what you had said and I did some sewing before and after midnight so maybe I'll be good about finishing off started projects too :)

Ann-Mari said...

Love your blocks, looking forward to follow your progress.

AnnieO said...

Very soft and pretty! My feeble brain means I must make notes to myself or I forget my brilliant ideas when setting aside a project beforehand!

Anonymous said...

I love the blocks. Beautiful!

Mimi said...

I think I have said it before to you..... I have that pattern!!! and seeing your blocks in the works makes me want to start it, but I have WAAYYY too many things to do before. I just love it though. How are you going about making all those HST?

dianne said...

good gosh - those blocks are waaaay cool!!!

must. not. let. myself. be. tempted.

pdudgeon said...

i've got the pattern but not the Winter line of fabric. Have fun!

Lynn Dykstra said...

adorable!

Unknown said...

beautiful block! Have you tried the Magic 8 to make those half square triangles? It's really slick and i have a tutorial on my blog if you would like to see how it is done. Your work is terrific! ~karen http://chezstitches.blogspot.com/2011/01/magic-8.html