Saturday, January 19, 2013

More Cutting

Moda was so generous in the Brrrrr Park kit that I bought in (gasp!) 2008.  I thought perhaps I might want to enlarge the quilt at the time, so I bought two kits.

This morning was time to cut the second half - six more tree blocks.  I started with the leftover fabric from the first kit, and was able to cut all of the tree blocks from the leftovers. 

 
 
Now, I'll need more setting blocks and I'm all out of that background fabric from the first kit.
 
What's a girl to do?
 
Why, pay a visit to their stash, of course!
 
 
 
It turns out I bought a boatload more of the background, probably thinking I'd use it as a backing.  I won't need that much more from this yardage.  But then that will probably leave me short on backing, won't it?
 
Never fear, there's a lot more Winter fabric up there!   :)  :)  :)
 
I haven't even opened the second kit.  If I don't need it before I'm done here, I may offer it up for sale if someone is interested.  A ways to go to get to that point, though.
 
I just feel so righteous today! 
 
See?  I told you I'd eventually use that stash!!!
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Well, I guess it's a good thing I went back and looked at the last two tree blocks I made.  Had a couple of rows of HSTs heading in the wrong direction!  Those two blocks had been through a hurricane!!  :)

8 comments:

Vivian said...

Yeah, the kits were pretty generous. I had one piece of blue (the linen) that I didn't use and put aside to make a skirt!

Perhaps that winter fabric stash or the second kit can also be used for some accessories for your quilt? Nothing like a matching neck roll, shams or pillowcases to add to the fun (ask me how I know)!

Keep having fun!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

LOL I love that 'righteous' feeling!! Way to go! ...or I should say~ sew!! Have a happy weekend!

PJ said...

Aaaah! You enable me. Love the way you purchase & use fabric. Makes me feel so much better!
Thank you.

Carol said...

FANTASTIC! And that's exactly the reason we keep that wonderful stash...you never know when you might need it. Much better to shop your stash than to have to go on a search for it now...YIPPEE!

Darlene said...

Lots of cutting going on and having the STASH is a very good thing. Can't wait to see more blocks!

pdudgeon said...

put me down as being interested in the second kit!

mascanlon said...

I love being able to find it in my stash, especially if its something a few years old! And aren't you clever to see the mistakes in the blocks before they were sewn into a top...ask me how I know that! Just this week had to take top apart cause I hated the center block in the middle row...lol. See ya Saturday!

Laura in IA said...

Your quilt is turning out lovely. What a feeling of accomplishment you must feel.