Saturday, January 05, 2013

Saturday Sewing

At least I hope I'll be Saturday sewing.

I had a rough night last night.  Kept getting cramps in my right leg.  I had to get up several times to walk it off.  I don't think I slept more than four hours, and that was broken up.  The episode at 5:30 made me just get up.  Don't know how long I'll last today.  I see a nap looming!

Well, I was trying to add a picture, but Blogspot isn't cooperating.  The browse button to find a picture to link has disappeared.  I'll add it later if a fix happens.

I was trying to show a piece of the Winter fabric on a blue background with red and white candy canes on it.  That piece is going to be the next tree block.  The problem is that the fabric is directional and I don't know how it'll work with all those half square triangles with an on-point tree.  I think I'll make one and see how it turns out.  There was supposed to be three of those on my finished and enlarged quilt.


Sheesh ......

Okay, just a short comment here on something.  Apparently I stepped on someone's toes when I posted my word for the year.  A lot of emails from groupies advising me of that.  When I was visiting home over the holidays, I mentioned to a loved one that I seemed to be all over the place with the numerous things going on in my life lately.  Their advice:  Just center yourself and focus; do one thing at a time and then move on.  Maybe my new word should be "center."  In any event, I'm going to heed that advice and do just that this year.  I don't really need a word to accomplish that feat.

Moving on, I need to shower and sew.  I want to accomplish what I can this weekend as I might have to stop this to make a chemo quilt.  A friend mentioned to me yesterday that her very dear neighbor has had a recurrence of breast cancer after being cancer-free for several years.  It has metastasized and the prognosis is not good.  She asked if I could make her a chemo quilt.  I thought about it last night, and decided to go through my quilt stash to see if any finished quilts I have could work.  I pulled out three or four and will show those to my friend this week.  If she doesn't think any of those will work, I'll immediately start making a quilt.  So while I said I would finish what I started this year, there will be some exceptions.  This is an exception.

I see the Princess of the Manor has finally aroused herself this morning.  I want to be my dog!  Anyway, a walk is in order on this frigid morn.

That might be just the ticket to shaking the cobwebs out of my brain!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for the picture posting suggestions! It worked!!!

15 comments:

Wacky Woman said...

I had to add my photos to Picassa Web and then I could download it. I don't know if this is permanent or not. Hope you solve your leg cramp issue and get some sleep. Not fun at all.

Vicky said...

Can you share how you did that? I can't seem to figure it out, and maybe other readers are having the same problem. I use Picassa but don't see anything on there called Picassa Web. Help!! Thanks!

Vicki W said...

Because some quilting celebrity now has a copyright on the word "focus"? Are you kidding me? Holt smokes, people need to focus on their own lives and let everyone else worry about themselves!

Sharon said...

If you need blocks for the quilt, put the word out and I'll make some for your friend. Oh, so I guess I shouldn't have titled my last post "Focus Driven"??? Peeps, get a life, it's a word!!!!!!!!

Margery said...

I'm in the same position as your friend's neighbour. No fun at all. I'm sure that she would love just about any of your quilts - it's like having a hug that you can carry around for when you really need one. Please pass on my good wishes along with your quilt, if you think that would be appropriate.

karen @ badlandsquilts said...

Sounds like an issue not worth a kerfuffle at all... there are so many similar patterns out there that I always wonder why a kerfuffle isn't made and people think the several people can't have similar goals? (Like everyone going to college wants to do well and get a job?)

Anyway, if the quilts you have don't work for your friend one of the ladies here our MSP mod quilt guild make one of those quilts full of plus signs (can be strip pieced some) and called it a be positive quilt... I thought that was cute/appropriate.

Have a good weekend.

Kate said...

Wait, so since my word last year was focus, can I copyright it so no one can use it this year? ;)

I think I have a pink ribbon panel around here if you need something fast.

dianne said...

what?!? you can't chose "focus" as a word?!? seriously?!?

now you've made me want to write a post of nothing BUT the word FOCUS ...but i would have to focus on that, and it isn't my word for the year because, apparently, it CAN'T be my word for the year ... sheesh...

as Butch Cassidy would say, "who ARE those guys?!?"

ytsmom said...

I am pretty much in agreement with everyone about 'focus'. It is a word. Does that mean that Webster, etc have to have permission and pay a fee to print it in the dictionary? And people wonder why this country is in the shape that it is! Focus, center, both mean the same thing.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

People had an issue with Focus? Those people need to get a life and FOCUS on something else!!

My word is going to be DO. There is so much that you can do with DO. :)

Love that fabric and good luck with the leg cramps and the nap. :)

Donna said...

Your life, your year, your word. Most people would be better off keeping their attention on their own life and working out the kinks in that.

Love the candy cane fabric. If you make it go every which way, everyone will think you planned it that way.

TWQuilts said...

I'm not sure what a chemo quilt is, but it sounds like something I should make for a friend of mine who is going through radiation and chemo right now. I'm guessing it's a lap quilt to take along for comfort during treatments?

Carol said...

I had some leg cramp issues and my Pilates teacher said to drink some quinine water 1/2 hour before bed...been doing that and all is well. Focus...really, someone doesn't want you to use that word because it's theirs...really...it's a word for goodness sake...will it have to come out of the dictionary because it belongs to someone now...How do these things happen? So many other things people could get worked up about and they're going to waste time on a word...oh my! Way too much self absorption I would say!

CitricSugar said...

Wow - people are upset over a word?? Sheesh! I actually like to feel connected if I pick the same or a similar word, especially if I came up with it independently - like that old saying "great minds think alike"… The blogosphere is too big a place to be claiming ownership of a single word.

Hope the leg cramps ease up on you!

CitricSugar said...

And quick to publish me forgot to add…

Sending prayers and healing thoughts for your friend.