Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Thimble Blossom Designs

I was honored to be the winning bidder on a package of fabric and patterns donated by the wonderfully sweet Camille of Thimble Blossom Designs.

In December, Camille blogged about an auction that Tiffany of Tiny Seamstress Designs was hosting to raise money for the Emilie Parker Fund.  Emilie was one of the victims of the senseless Sandy Hook school tragedy.  I'll quote Tiffany here, "This fund was originally established to just help Emilie's family, but her family has decided to divide up all the money with each of the families affected by this horrific tragedy."

This was another bid that I placed and lost track of in all of the Christmas goings-on.  Of course, I was delighted to win this auction, but, more importantly, was grateful that I could give a little to the fund.  I still can't wrap my mind around something like this happening, and pray every day for the families, the children, and all of those affected.

Camille's package arrived yesterday.  She is absolutely the most creative person.  Her fabric is just go "Happy-Go-Lucky"!  The perfect name for this gorgeous stuff!


 
 
I can't decide which one I want to make first!  The yardage will be out in May, and I'll definitely poke buttons when that hits the Fat Quarter Shop.  But I really want to get Honeycombs to make Camille's "Juggle" pattern.  Honestly ...... I want to make all five of her new patterns!  I'm challenging myself to do just that!
 
Thank you, Camille, for your generous donation to the auction - and for your continued inspiration!  You totally rock!

11 comments:

Darlene said...

Yes, Camille definitely does 'totally rock' - what an incredible donation. I'm so glad you won this auction. Way to go!!!

You must go read my blog - I finished cutting our Juggle this evening. woohoo!!! I don't have Happy Go Lucky so I'm using Sew Stitchy. :-)

mascanlon said...

Oh my goodness! You have been on a roll lately. And yes, I love her new patterns and fabric so very much.

antique quilter said...

how lucky are you! the patterns look great ones I would like to make too!
Have fun I will be following your progress
Kathie

Carolyn said...

What a fun box of treasures! Camille and you are both amazing for your part in helping this family and all of the others. I love her Fireworks pattern, I may have to buy that one!

Laura said...

What a great collection of goodies!

Carol said...

Congrats on your win! You're going to have a blast!

AnnieO said...

Camille is a very talented designer and I love her new patterns too. It was wonderful for you to jump in and support a great fund. Congratulations on all the beautiful fabric and patterns!

Sinta Renee said...

I am thrilled to see all the new TB patterns and fabrics! You must be tickled pink! What a good thing you did... and the good came back to you in such a perfect way!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Awesome! Congrat's on your win!

Miss Jean said...

Congratulations and bless you for helping. I just purchased her Round and Round pattern. Oh, the possibilities1

Camille said...

Are you kidding? Thank YOU! You have such a kind, generous heart. Really, the best of the best. Can't wait to see what you whip up, I'm sure it will be amazing!

Thanks again!

Love,c