Monday, January 14, 2013

Six Blocks

Six blocks made in two weeks. Not very fast, for sure, but steady progress. So far I'm resisting the temptation to put them aside.  So far I'm sticking to my resolution for this year.  So far.




There are four fabrics, three blocks from each fabric. I need to cut the next round. I only cut six out first because I wasn't sure if I wanted to make it bigger.  I do. 

I'm not quite sure how it will all go together without making it way too big for a longarmer, but I'll worry about that when I get there!

That's the way I am.

Did I ever admit that I learned how to swim by diving in the deep end head first?

10 comments:

julieQ said...

You are doing such a fabulous job with these blocks! Love your work, especially the little red sparklers!

antique quilter said...

ok these are just wonderful keep going, your making progress and isn't that what its all about!
Kathie

Carol said...

Oh Vicky they're wonderful! Keep going! I'm loving them. This is going to be one awesome quilt! Glad you're having FUN!

Darlene said...

Slow and steady wins the race! Keep going you have many cheerleaders waving their pom-poms for you!

These are beautiful blocks, Vicky!

Carolyn said...

Your blocks are just beautiful, congratulations on working towards your goal! It's so hard to be monogamous with so many quilting projects available!

mascanlon said...

These are so lovely and you are half way there! All downhill and in a good way now!

AnnieO said...

They are looking terrific and with such small pieces, slow and steady is the only option :) Congrats on sticking with it to date!

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Great job!! They are very pretty blocks!

Mimi said...

I am loving your blocks. Can't wait to see them all.

pdudgeon said...

This is definitely gonna be a 'show-stopper' quilt. love how it's comming along.