Saturday, May 31, 2008

Blogging Time



Sometimes I blog a lot; sometimes a little. It's been one of those weeks.

I'm planning on finishing up the quilt for Ginger today and delivering it to her tomorrow. I'm sewing the block components together now. It's do-able. I won't be able to post a picture of this quilt as it's for the Quilter's Run in July. (Cover your eyes, Mr. Monkey!) Guess everyone will just have to visit her shop to see the two I made. LOL.

Next up is cutting the Patchwork Party finishing kit. I'll need to put together eight of the blocks first thing so that the applique can be prepped. I should be able to get all the applique done by next weekend. Oh, wait, maybe not as I'm waiting for a couple of small projects to come my way. At least they'll be ready to go when I do get a few minutes to sit and stitch. I'm needleturning them instead of fusing. My preference but either way works on this quilt. My goal was to have this quilt finished by the 4th of July. I know that won't happen, but I work better with deadlines and goals. Must be all those years of getting paid by the page!

Mostly I've been poking order buttons this week, lots and lots of buttons. I now have enough Prairie Paisley and Peace on Earth to last me a lifetime. (Mr. Monkey didn't hear that!) All of the boxes haven't arrived yet, but I know they're winging their way to me. So much for being good last weekend. Maybe I'll just quietly skip the stash report this Sunday.

One thing I've been pondering lately is the fact that I only have one quilt that truly fits my bed. I've made tons of huge queen-sized and larger quilts for others, but the ones I end up keeping are these small appliqued quilts and throw quilts. There is a shortage of large patterns out there that I like and hardly any large applique patterns. I picked up one last weekend and that's the first I've found in a very long time. I know, I know, I can just enlarge a pattern by making more quilt blocks. Problem with that is I usually didn't buy enough fabric, or the pieces in my stash aren't large enough. I would design my own, and I have twice. My hat's off to all of you who design and manage to retain ownership of your ideas. I made a decision just to save myself the grief and buy your patterns! I'm your loyal follower!

I'm off to get a dip and clip, and maybe get the car washed while I'm out. Then I'm home to Miss Bernina and Miss Daisy!

6 comments:

Vicki W said...

I can't wait to see your new treasures!

Granny said...

Skip the stash report? You gotta be kidding me! Oh well, you never know when there will be a fabric shortage or worse.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

I'm with you I dont have a quilt that fits my bed. I always make them smaller than I need. I keep saying that I've gotta make a big one. Even if it's just squares sewn together. That's a quilt right? LOL

Hannies Annies said...

oh love your monkeys...can't wait to see the stash you bought!!!

Lindah said...

Your little monkies bring back such memories. I was a child living in the Los Angeles during WWII. Those monkies were everywhere. I especially remember the large calendar with a picture of the monkies under the table roasting weenies on a fork over a candle. A little humor helped in a very tense time.

bingo~bonnie said...

you crack me up with your mr. monkeys!!! waht a great way to spice up a post with no photo ;)

Love from Texas! ~bonnie