Saturday, May 24, 2008

What a Nice Day!





I went out to Jane's house at 9:00 this morning, and we took off on a road trip. She drove and had it all mapped out. We didn't get lost one single time. A lot different than when I'm driving!

First stop was Temecula Quilt Co. Such a neat store. I picked up four books, two patterns, and Jane and I split a cut of poison green. Oh, and a charm pack. I always forgot those!

Second stop was The Country Loft. That store is packed full of all the things we like. I purchased a couple of patterns, the red wooden star, the Moda dish towels, the hot pad, and the wooden thing with the letter "V" on it. I never can find anything with my initial! Jane's husband said that was in case I forget who I am! LOL. Oh, I also got two yards of a blue/tan stripe that's not shown here; I want to make a window topper for the slider in my breakfast room.

And we were too close not to go by Rosie's. Oh, my, I was overwhelmed all over again when I walked into that store. So overwhelmed, in fact, that I only got patterns and maybe four FQs of Civil War browns/blues for a future project.

I think I'm sick. I mean, three quilt shops and hardly any fabric! I MUST be cured!!

It was such a beautiful day. There's snow again on our mountain peaks after the 100+ weather last weekend. It's insane!

Then Jane's sweet DH took us to our favorite local place for dinner. It was such a fun fun fun day! Thank you, Jane!

NOTE: The two patterns Beatrice from France asked about are both by Linda Brannock & Rita Briner. Gourds and More, and Bluebird Quilt.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,
It must have been a very "Nice Day" indeed.
I am intrigued by some of the patterns you are showing, especially "Gourds and ...?" and "Blueb ...". Could you let us know the whole title and who designed them?
Thank you
Beatrice (France, Europe) Sorry, I don't have a blog or a website.

Darlene said...

What a fun day! A nice variety of treasures.

Anonymous said...

Hello Vicky,
thank you very much for your reply to my queries at the end of your post.
I'll definitely be on the lookout for these patterns.
I hope you have fun making them.
Beatrice (from France!)