Sunday, May 11, 2008

A Day of Sewing

Jane came over yesterday, Saturday, and we chatted away the afternoon. Didn't sew a single stitch, but we sure solved a lot of the world's problems!!

This morning rang in crisp and cool. It was chilly in the house, and Daisy was fussing around on her quilt that's always in front of the fireplace. She kept coming to me and leading me back over there. I decided she needed the fireplace lit. Now she's all snuggled up in front of the fire snoring away!

It was a good morning for me to be "sitting under a quilt" as they say down South. I finished the last of the three quilts that needed bindings. I love hand sewing down bindings and it was a fine morning to do that.

Next I finished up the Autumn Nights top that I recently blogged about. Also pulled the backing from stash and got that pieced. This yardage will be on next week's stash report.

I started working on the borders for a quilt for Ginger, and I ran into a snag. I don't think the crumb catcher will work because it will lay across and hide the points that fall next to the border. So I removed what I had sewn on, and will discuss that with them tomorrow after work. I can't seem to get this one finished. I'm probably overthinking it, but I want it to look good.



Now I'm going to work on this apron for my brother and the placemats for his camper. Will my 67 year old brother wear this apron? You betcha! He's a goofball, and I'm sure I'll get a picture of him wearing it and wielding the BBQ tools! I was only going to make two placemats, but their best friends will be traveling to Colorado with them and pulling their own camper. It might be nice to make four so they can each have a set.

And finally, I pulled out something to start cutting and realized I was short one fabric. Back to the drawing board on that one!

All in all, a good day on the quilty front!

3 comments:

Perry said...

What a neat apron! I am sure our brother will love it. Sounds like you have been busy.

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

My Nana used to love to buy those pre-printed panels - she made us ALL kinds of stuff! They are fun, aren't they? And the placemat print is cute too!
Cheers!
Evelyn

atet said...

That apron looks like such fun and so does the fabric for the placemats. I've been playing catch-up on my blog reading -- wow have you been getting a lot done!