Saturday, May 17, 2008

Stash Report Week 20

I feel like I'm working in slow motion. I know it's the heat. It was 100 here today, and the air quality was awful. There are/were little fires all around the valley, and my eyes started watering the minute I walked outside today from the smoke.

On the quilting front I did a lot better this week. I pieced the backing for Autumn Nights, 9 yards. I made four placemats out of the Route 66 fabric and cut the binding, 2.5 yards. And I cut the Quilt for an Hour by Judy, 5.5 yards. Total 17 yards busted.

I also finished up a quilt for Ginger and made another test block for her. Not my fabric so I can't count those.

I was feeling all bubbly because of no purchases this week, but then I looked over and saw a package from The Fat Quarter Shop that I hadn't opened yet. Sheesh! I picked up 5 yards of Halloween stripes for a future project. Blew my great busting week! LOL

Year-to-Date Totals:

Busted: 180.75 yards
Purchased: 207.75 yards
Net YTD: <27.00> yards busted

Still in the negative but improving!

8 comments:

Vicki W said...

It's hot. You can't be expected to have any control when it's hot! LOL! I went in the wrong direction this week too.

Jeanne said...

Yup, sizzlin here too! I just got back from a couple of quick errands, and now I'm staying in the AC for the rest of the day!
Take care ~ Jeanne :)

Lori in South Dakota said...

You got a lot done this week, I wouldn't worry about a little bit of fabric bought. The weather is beautiful here today, still and clear, perfect. But I know the hot weather is coming.

Kathy said...

I agree Vicky just blame it on the hot weather and the smoke from the fires. Both of those make it hard NOT to shop! LOL

HUGS

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

Can you please send some of your warm weather to the midwest?!?! We might get frost tonight! I'm so ready for summer!

Anonymous said...

Way to go on your stash busting. Just a couple more weeks like this one and you will be out of the hole! Wooohooo!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Long as we are still making quilts and using some stash...it's a good thing! A few more weeks and your numbers will turn around. I'm hanging into the bitter end with you :) only 32 more weeks to go!

quilterpolly said...

It was to hot here to do anything but sit inside and play with fabric. That was my task this week-end was not start a new project but finish an old. I got it out and laid it out ready to start cutting this week and finish.
Polly in Long Beach