Wednesday, May 14, 2008

It's Market Time!

I'm so excited about Market. You'd think I was actually going! LOL. I don't know how a shop owner can pick from all the gorgeous stuff there. I'd be totally useless, just walking around with my mouth hanging open! And totally broke because I'd want everything! Kimberly has promised pictures and reports from Market. You can bet I'm going to stay tuned! Gosh, hasn't Miss Emma gotten big! She is absolutely adorable!!

The cycle never stops for buyers. It makes my head spin just thinking about it. All of the fabric hasn't hit the shelves yet from Fall Market, and here they are heading out again. Okay, I'll admit it! I'm totally jealous! LOL

After Fall Market I helped Kimberly out by making up a kit for her. The quilt is from Moda's Peace on Earth line, and that fabric is gorgeous! The quilt is called Catch a Falling Star and the kits will be shipped out this month.

I had so much fun making this quilt. My heart sank when I received the kit from Kimberly. It looked SO hard! But this was one of the easiest quilts I've ever made! I made it in one week! (Okay, to some of you more prolific quilters that may not seem very fast, but remember that I'm gone for 12 hours out of the day!) I think one of those days was playing with that gorgeous fabric, and organizing it to start cutting. You know how when you're reading a really good book and you don't want it to end? That's how it was making this quilt. I loved every second of it!

When I was trying to blog the week I was sewing this quilt, I remember being at a loss -- I mean, I couldn't blog about what I was making, so I just said I was helping out a friend. LOL. I'm always busy sewing up on something every night, so during those periods when I'm not talking about my project, everyone will just have to stay tuned!

Here's a picture of it on my bed. I love that map fabric in the line. I had this piece leftover, so I just wrapped it around a pillow. And three of my Santas hadn't made it into storage yet, so they were plopped on the bed, too. I am so NOT a photographer. If I were, I would have ironed the pillowcases! I know my mother is looking down at me and tsk-tsking. Sorry, Mom!



I've ordered more of this fabric. Yep, I did. Never can have too much of a good thing! I think I'll end up with three quilts from this line! Sheesh ....

8 comments:

Carol said...

OMG Vicky that is just gorgeous...I think I'm going to have to press some buttons. LOL!

Mar said...

It's beautiful Vicky! What is Jane bringing home for you?

Granny said...

That quilt is beautiful. Vicky, of all the things you do NOT need to do . . please don't ever go to market. You'd be extremely dangerous there! :)

Kathy said...

The thought of Vicky and Market in the same sentence is mind boggling! The quilt is gorgeous!

Yvonne said...

Geeze Vicky....you think they are trying to tell you something....LOL

The quilt is gorgeous!

Erin said...

Oh Vicky that is stunning! I love it and will have to really hold back from buying the kit!!! Yes Miss Emma is getting big and what a cutie huh!!!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

I love that quilt Vicky!!! very pretty!!! Your right I DID think you were going to market. LOL!!!!

bingo~bonnie said...

ooough I love this quilt on your bed. Those colors are so pretty together!

I would have never noticed that map fabric on the pillow had i not read about it.. But it works! :) Great job and I am so glad you got to share your sewing secret with us! :)

Love from Texas!! ~bonnie