Monday, May 19, 2008

This is Sick!



The A/C people are coming in tomorrow to change the filters. My cutting table covers that door to the filter about three inches, so I had to move it. Well, there's this secret hiding space next to the cutting table where I put fabric as it comes in and before it goes up to the stash room. Daisy's day bed used to be in that corner, but I ran her outta there!

I piled it all up on the dining room table for tonight. This is really sick! And the picture is only half of the stuff up there. I cropped the picture because I was embarassed! ROFLOL.

Gee, any guesses as to my favorite shop?

Oh, yeah, the plumber is coming, too, so I had to take all the stuff out from under three bathroom sinks and from under the kitchen sink. It was a great opportunity to throw stuff away, but every counter in my house is covered right now with bathroom stuff and cleaning supplies. I'll be glad when they're done so I can get some semblence of order back in the quilting condo!

17 comments:

Unknown said...

I know the feeling - the decorator is in our hall and bathroom at present. The good thing is that the hall is being turned into a quilt gallery by remoiving patterend papera nd replacing with clean neutral walls and a bespoke hangng system. The bad news is that all the bathroom stuff is piled infront of my stash cupboard, so I am reduced to cyber-stroking yours!

Carol said...

YUMMY, YUMMY stuff...

Paula said...

It's difficult seeing it, isn't it? That's why I think we should only pull stuff out when we have to! That way we can rest comfortably in our denial, and shop more online stores!!! LOL

Judith said...

Ehm yes it is a bit sick, but fabriic so nice to touch.
I am sure my LQS will notice that I can't stand on my leg the coming weeks, she will see it in the fabric that will be bought.

Anonymous said...

I think your stash is fantastic.
You will never lack inspiration and will always have something to quilt.

Vicki W said...

But it looks so pretty! Now the challenge is to keep yourself from buying more "therapy" while the house is in disarray.

Becky said...

So - that little hiding place, is it to hide your addiction from your spouse? LOL I've had to hide some of my stash, and also make the receipts disappear, and also hide the credit card bill and, and, and.... Yes - it is a sickness, but I love it! ha

Anonymous said...

We don't realize how much stuff we have until we have to move it. Pretty stuff though.

Elaine Adair said...

Yooo hooo -- hey, here I am, (hand waving in the air) .. I have some empty corners (because I just cleaned them out!) ... woo hooo, see me???? I'll take some -- here I am... I'll get them out of your way!!!

Suzy said...

Rest easy. It's not a sickness, it's T-H-E-R-A-P-Y! Yeah, that's it! :o)

tami said...

It's not sick. Fabric represents potential. Think of all it can become.

Miss Jean said...

Last year we had all the floors in the house re-done. Oh my goodness!!! I had to pack like I was moving and have movers put everything in ghe garage and the patio. The worse was my sewing room closet. It's a sickness. Now that it's over I don't know how I did it and work, too. Whew.

Kim said...

Wait a minute! Are you telling us you actually have BATHROOM stuff under your sinks and not fabric? If that's true, then you're not nearly as "sick" as I suspected you of being! ROFLOL!

Nancy said...

I'm with Kim - I fully expected you to say you had MORE fabric under your bathroom and kitchen sinks! Now that would've been something closer to sick, but still not quite there.... And it's still not all bad, because you make such beautiful things out of all you buy!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Ummmmmmmmmmm let me guess. FAT QUARTER SHOP??? LOL!!!!

Suzanne said...

That is one of my favorite shops as well!!

Megan said...

Don't be ashamed!! All the fabric just demonstrates your dedication to the craft of quilting. And besides that, it looks yummy.