Sunday, December 17, 2006

More Adventures


Jane and I did Antique Row in a little town near here yesterday. Great stuff we found - and also a lot of junk. There was one shop that was SO messy. We were laughing last night talking about it. I'm not joking here -- she had yellow crime scene tape across some areas that were too messy to even walk in! I am hestitating about buying any antique furniture right now because I'm just renting. But if I still had my house, there are a couple of pieces that I would have snapped up!


I found an old secretary yesterday just like my dear aunt had. I always told myself that if I ever found one, I'd get it. Well, I backed off from it yesterday, but I can tell you, it made my heart sing to see it. At least I know they are still around. Maybe next year! :)


I did buy this thread holder. It fits in perfectly with the collections I have. I don't think it's very old, but that's not important. I photoed it laying flat on the floor, but it's going to be hung on the wall. Cute, cute!
Last evening a quilter friend of ours had a birthday gathering for Jane. We had a delightful sit down dinner, and lots of good talk. A really diverse group of women, and I enjoyed every minute of it.

9 comments:

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Sounds like you had fun! I like to collect small things because I move so much!

Cheers!

Evelyn

Carol said...

Sounds like a very fun day!

Bonnie said...

What a cute thread holder - so different.

Unknown said...

Wonder why that lady doesn't clean up the shop? I think you should go back and get the secretary! You may not find another one.

Glad you had a fun dinner with your friends.

Judy L.

Anonymous said...

What a nice way to spend a few hours during Christmas week. We get so caught up in the frenzy that we don't often step back and do something leisurely, just for the pleasure of it.

Susan said...

That was a great find.

I sure do admire your ability to stand back and think before you purchase.

Susan said...

I love you thread holder. Sounds like a wonderful day. I haven't done that in ages!

Go get the secretary. They are harder and harder to find.

quiltpixie said...

part of the fun of going to antique shops for me is digging through the mess! Your spool holder is great, looks like one that hanags beside my mom's weaving loom...

Cher said...

I have so enjoyed your posts...hope you have a very happy holiday