Sunday, February 18, 2007

New Project - Maybe


This quilt is too cute. I don't remember if I picked up the pattern at Ginger's or at Road to CA, but I had it sitting out on the coffee table yesterday and it grew on me. I've enjoyed working on the Bundling Board blocks, and thought maybe this one would be next one up. I know I said I wasn't going to make any more small quilts, but I might make an exception for the cute folk art/primitive inspirations out there. I'm finally thinking about using all the folk art fabrics I've been collecting for years. This won't stashbust much, but at least we're heading in the right direction on that score.

Speaking of scores, two more friends want fabric for our wheelchair RiM retreat project, so 10 more yards will be mailed out tomorrow. Plus seven FQs out of a little game I organized with my online group this weekend. So total stashbusted year to date: 47.50 yards!

I'm getting ready to start ironing blasted fabrics. I really can't put it off any more. When I get tired of standing, I can sit for a while and applique.

Had a rough night last night. My neck is so stiff this morning that I can barely move my head. A hot shower kind of helped, but I just need to take it easy today. I just cooked breakfast using the last two eggs I have, and some instant grits. I took two little filet mignons out of the freezer for grilling tonight. I need to go to the market again. The cupboards are bare. Not a thing in the house to eat, but a freezer full of steaks. LOL. I found a few red potatoes in the fridge, and the only can of veggies in the pantry is baked beans. So I'm going to bake those up with some brown sugar and molasses (thinking of Finn here). Just wish I had salad fixings. But I'm not getting out today. Shopping will have to wait until tomorrow.

Boy, did I switch topics big time in the paragraph above .... roflol.

Gratitudes:

~ Inspiration from the most unlikely sources
~ Beautiful cool weather today. I've opened the house up.
~ Daisy's begging for my breakfast, and her obvious disappointment when I gave her grits! :)
~ Going back to bed for a couple of hours this morning with no guilt!

4 comments:

Sweet P said...

I like that little project - very happy.

Steaks? I wish I had a steak to take out of the freezer. All we have is chicken in there right now. Steaks don't last long in our house.

Granny said...

Vicky! We have lots of food here. Will you come? :) No steaks but homemade bread is just about ready to go into the oven.

Hope the headache and neck ache are better!

Cher said...

hope your easy day and extra sleep helped you feel much better! Cute small project-those are fun to do-a nice change from larger quilts-good for you to bust more stash by mailing it off.

Susan said...

I love that quilt pattern. Can't wait to see it made up.

Hope you are feeling better now.