Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Nothing Special


I still haven't figured out the problem with the camera card reader yet. Until then, at least here's a picture, albeit a bad one, of Miss Daisy.
On the spring cleaning front, I've made great headway in decluttering this joint. Still a long way to go, but at least it looks better. I actually enjoyed this weekend. I had a spurt of energy for some reason. Saturday I spent mostly cleaning carpets and hauling stuff up to the stash room. Sunday was running endless errands, and getting my taxes done. Even with the work schedule this month, I'm hoping to have everything tidy and in order for the big sewing month of May! Yes, sewing! I'm going to bond with my Bernina. I don't know how much I'll get done, but I'm going to enjoy it!
One of the things I'm going to do this month is go through all the old quilting magazines and pull out things that appeal to me and toss the rest of the magazine. That will free up a couple of shelves for books. Just need to get a three ring binder, or a couple of them, to store the projects that I want to keep.
My boss' black lab, Magic, won another field trial last weekend. That's four wins this season so far. But on a sad note, another of his labs, Bronco, was bitten by a snake. He is down in Texas with a dog trainer, and was bitten on Saturday. He's been with a vet since then but is not doing very well. So today they were going to transfer him to Texas A&M Vet School. Not sure what kind of snake it was, but apparently not a rattler or he'd already be gone. Bronco is a beautiful dog, about a year and a half. We're anxiously awaiting the updates a couple of times a day. The prognosis doesn't look good, and that's just so sad.
Gratitudes:
~ Extra special hugs for Daisy each night.
~ Roses and daylilies blooming everywhere! Gorgeous!
~ Wool floss order arriving. I'm anxious to try this.
~ Realizing that I'm plumb happy these days!

9 comments:

Kim said...

It sounds like you've already figured this one out, but what I do with the old mags is the same as you're talking about, and I stick the patterns into those clear plastic sleeves. I have a basket that holds about 6 months worth of magazines, and when it gets too full, it's time to pare down. I also go back through the binders and take out what no longer interests me, because let's face it--our tastes and abilities change. It's actually kind of a fun task once you make yourself sit down and do it--time for me to do it again too.

I hope your boss's dog recovers, poor baby! Keep us posted.

Darlene said...

Daisy is cute, cute, cute!

An upbeat and joyful post, Vicky. I love your plans to sew like crazy in the month of May.

Laurie Ann said...

Great seeing a picture of Daisy. It's been too long!!!

Nancy said...

Spring cleaning. UGH! but it's something I have to tackle this month. and then I'll be ready in May to do some power sewing right along with you.

Poor puppy. Hope he gets better soon. (PS, if he's at A&M's vet school, I drive within a mile of him every day going to work.)

Tanya said...

Said a prayer for Bronco.

Granny said...

There are no bad pictures of Daisy! She's so cute!!

Sure hope Bronco is doing better. That's sad.

Susan said...

Yay, you! Organizing!

How old is your dachsie? We had a long haired dachshund when I was growing up, and I loved that dog to pieces. He was golden red.

Cher said...

I had the spring cleaning bug this last weekend too-it's a great feeling to tidy up and enjoy the results!
hoping the best for Bronco...

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Daisy is too cute! I need to do exatly what you're doing with old quilting magazines... they're literally driving us out of house and home. Why, oh why do I think I just can't part with one? Heaven knows. I wil pray for Bronce, that's jist so sad.