Friday, May 11, 2007

Hanging my Head in Shame

I stopped by Ginger's last night-- just to visit with Jane, honestly! I don't know how it happened, but some FQs followed me home. I went in righteous and came out feeling like a quitter. But, oh, my, they are pretty.

So do I get kicked outta here? I think perhaps this fall off of the wagon won't count against me -- it was Christmas fabric, after all! Oh, wait, you're not buying that? How about it's a whole lot less than I would have gotten last month? Not that either, huh?

Nancy, what's my penance here? Because I can't think of a single rule that would give me special dispensation in this instance. (sigh) My name is Vicky; I'm a fabricholic.

The new A/C unit was installed yesterday, along with a thermostat that looks like it ought to be in the cockpit of a fighter jet. It was so hot yesterday, and when I got home the unit was completely off. I fumbled with it for half an hour before I figured out how to get it turned on. It ran wide open until about 10:00 when I got up and went to downstairs to turn it up some. At 1:00 I woke up sweating bullets. So back downstairs to turn it down. Again, up at 3:00 to adjust it again. I'm going to have to get them over here tomorrow to give me instructions. It makes no sense to me. Of course, this is the person who hasn't figured out how to work her message machine after two years. It's amazing that I can operate a sewing machine!

The smoke here is horrible. The fires at Griffith Park and at Catalina Island this week have really smoked up our valley. A good weekend to stay inside and sew!

I'll post a picture tomorrow of Ginger's shop sample. I think it's looking nice, although I'm not much into ducks. LOL. (Note to Vicky: Blog the mallard duck dance recital story some day.)

Gratitudes:

~ It's Friday
~ A Tiger tail from LSU! Thanks N!!
~ Tomorrow is giterdun day~
~ It's Friday (wait, I already said that)

7 comments:

Carol said...

Vicky you had me laughing so hard...I don't think you are responsible if the Christmas fabric jumps into your hand :)

Darlene said...

ROFLOL - no really - ROFLOL - I can't stop ROFLOL!

Unknown said...

You're so funny! Christmas fabric isn't always on the shelves so I think you should be fine but . . I'm not even in this contest so what do I know?

MARCIE said...

Chalk your purchase up to smoke damage. How can you think straight in all that smoke? Just be happy!

Kim said...

Ah, you spelled "quilter" wrong--came out looking like "quitter"! LOL! Besides, I kinda think the trauma of a guy spurting blood all over the place justifies a little retail therapy. And if you need another justification, working on the gitterdun certainly atones for any transgressions, don't you think? But if you're still feeling waaaay guilt, write me. I'll give you my address and you can send that fabric up here to me.

Patti said...

Hi Vicki! Finally starting to get a bit caught up on my blog reading. I just had to chuckle when you first report on your no-buy success for the month and then tell us in the next post all about your falling off the wagon. And your futile attempts to justify the purchases - priceless! But you didn't show us a picture of this marvelous fabric!

I sure hope they get those fires under control soon - what a terrible thing they are for everyone down your way.

Nancy said...

Vicky, Vicky, Vicky! What am I gonna do with you????? Remember this was YOUR idea. Yes YOU got ME into this and look at you. I can think of only one thing that will work for penance. Since GIFT fabric is allowed just pack all those luscious goodies up and send them to me. LOL!