Friday, September 07, 2007

The Week

I have absolutely nothing to blog about since last weekend except about my brother.

He's had a second surgery to correct his back problem. He was in an accident four years ago and has really been suffering ever since. A month before his house burned he had the first surgery where they fixed two discs, but it didn't seem to help much. So on Tuesday he underwent a second surgery where rods and screws were inserted. He called me yesterday morning and said he felt wonderful! I asked him if it was the morphine talking!! LOL He's so excited because he can feel his toes for the first time in four years!

Don and Gail have been through so much in the past four years. It all started with that bad accident. Then the house burning down from a lightning; Gail's mother dying; almost losing Don this year with the intestinal bleeding; another accident two months ago where Gail had a broken arm; and now this surgery for Don.

These two people are just the sweetest and loving, most devoted couple I know. I've never prayed so hard or worried so much as I have over them! They both laughed when I told them I was going to wrap them in bubble wrap the next time I saw them because I've used up my worry quota!

This weekend I plan to clean house and sew. Doesn't that sound boring? Hopefully I'll start the Patchwork Party blocks. If I can get half of them done this weekend, then I can devote another weekend soon to getting them finished. That's my plan anyway! And maybe another pumpkin block or two can get prepped. Oh, and I'm going to start Judy's string quilt. I'm way behind on my timeline for that one!

Kimberly at http://www.fatquartershop.blogspot.com/ is having a fun game and giveaway! If you haven't already done so, hop on over there and join in the fun! I never win anything, so your entry stands a very good chance!! LOL

Gratitudes:

~ My brother is doing well!
~ Weather report - the heat let up a bit yesterday; it was 87 at lunchtime!
~ A certain sense of peace that I haven't felt in quite a while.
~ As ever, my Daisy dog!

8 comments:

Darlene said...

What about 'giterdun'? OK, I'm ducking and running!

I'm glad to hear that your brother's surgery went well. I believe you do need to wrap them in bubblewrap. Whew!

Mar said...

good news regarding your brother Vicky, I can't wait to see those patchwork party blocks. I love the fabric they are using.

Laurie Ann said...

Sewing and some house cleaning sound like exactly what I want to do this weekend!!

We need some pictures of Daisy. It's been so long since we've seen her cute face!

Yvonne said...

Very happy about your brother....that's great news!

What's giterdun??????? I don't want to be missing out on anything. :) And what are you throwing at poor Darlene?

I like the sewing part but not the cleaning....I do have to clean my sewing room though.

loulee said...

Best wishes to all.

Carol said...

I am so happy that Don is feeing well, that is the best news...I'm with you...bubble wrap is in order for both of them. Poor things...they have been through WAY too much...sending tons of good thoughts.

Kim said...

Oh, I see those two troublemakers, Darlene and Yvonne, have been here before me, giving you grief over the giterdun! I would NEVER do that, would I?! That's wonderful news about your brother's surgery--maybe this marks an upturn in their luck! I sure hope so. And can I just mention that I'm VERY happy to know you have groceries now? I don't have to worry about you. Okay, yes, I do still have to worry about you on a number of other levels, but at least I don't have to worry about you wasting away to the point where you can't manage to lift a bolt of fabric. Have fun quilting!

Patti said...

So glad to hear the good news about your brother.