Thursday, February 07, 2008

Don't Like This Week At All!

It's one of those boring, in-between projects, messy, discombobulating weeks!

First, the blinds were finally installed, so I have to put the house back together. I guess my task tomorrow night and Saturday morning is to shove furniture back in its place.

Then the change oil light came on in the QuiltMobile. I get free oil changes where I bought it, but getting it there is somewhat difficult. I'll call tomorrow to see if they can work me in on Saturday morning. I'm sure whining and groveling will be involved.

Then to add insult to injury, this pink thing ....



.... a traffic ticket. For speeding. I looked at my speed when his lights came on behind me. I was doing 48 in a 45. He said he clocked me at 60. I didn't argue. At least I can do the online traffic school to keep it off my record.

And then the politics have me about gagging, and don't even get me started on the rebate check thing. I know, I know, no politics, and I won't talk about them. Suffice it to say that I'm glad the TVs are unplugged right now!

But there will be a dynamite stash busting reporting on Sunday!! Hooray!!

And I pulled fabrics for the third time that I think will work in Judy's free pattern that she posted on her blog, Buttons and Bows. I pulled two sets of fabrics that I thought would work and then I changed my mind on them. The third pull will work. I hope to get that cut this weekend. Jane's coming over for a sew day! I've missed getting together with her for a whole day to sew and chat!

Gratitudes:

~ It's Thursday night!

~ New blinds

~ More inspiration from Judy!

~ My silly dog!

8 comments:

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Sorry about the ticket! That sucks! I got one at the end of December in a construction zone. Double fines! There went some fabric money!

zizzybob said...

Oh, so that's how you spell discombobulating. I always thought it was discomboobulating. Maybe it's an east coast, west coast sort of thing.

Anonymous said...

I think you should dispute that ticket. It sounds like his radar isn't working properly. I have heard people disputing tickets over that. I know you can take traffic school and get rid of it, but it's the principle of it, in my humble opinion.

Vicki W said...

I sure hope you get some sewing time in this weekend amid all of the chores and errands! Bummer about the speeding ticket. I get one about every 8 years.

Granny said...

Oh, no! Not a speeding ticket! It's good that you can keep it off your record. Sorry everything else is so crazy right now.

Kim said...

Oh, yea! A sew day with Jane! That's the ticket! Uh, I mean--forget I said "ticket," okay? How about "that sounds like just the thing for a fun weekend!" Have a wonderful time!

Nan said...

I'm glad your blinds have been installed - now you can put Daisy's home back together! LOL! It sounds to me like that ticket wasn't deserved, but you were smart not to argue - that might have raised the price of the ticket! I think you could dispute it, however. Thank you so much for the link to that adorable quilt! I am thinking my granddaughter would love it! Enjoy your time with Jane, too!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads-up on Judy's quilt pattern. I know a little girl who would love it . . . I even have fabric in my stash to use!

Hugs, Cat