Thursday, May 22, 2008

Weird Kind of Day!

What's up with this weather? This is sunny Southern California, for Pete's sake!

Last weekend was a record heat wave - 102-105 at my house all weekend. Today was a horrific rain storm, and it was cold! It hailed for close to an hour. The front lawn at work looked like it was covered in snow. There was a tornado that crossed the 215 Fwy and overturned an 18-wheeler and some rail cars, and continued tornado warnings where Jane lives and off into Riverside County. Tornados? In SoCal? If I hadn't experienced this weather firsthand, I wouldn't have believed it!

They finally came and fixed some things in my condo today, so I can put everything back in its place. And that means I can catch up on Judy's Quilt for an Hour! I had gone as far as I could without a cutting table! LOL.

When I got home there was a package on my front porch! I've been so good this week, so I couldn't even imagine what it was! Oh, my, I was so surprised! A very dear online friend sent me a pattern and a jelly roll of Moda's Cranberry Wishes! I was totally blown away! It's not even Christmas or my birthday. Thank you so much, honey! (And you know who you are!!) You are absolutely the sweetest person I have ever met! But, wait, we haven't met yet! ILY!



And then my other friend, Beth, decided she was going to dust the cobwebbs off her megging wand! Usually I click on the Fat Quarter Shop website at lunchtime, but today I was all engrossed in this huge technical journal. When I got home tonight, there was an email from Beth titled "I haven't megged you in a while!!!!" Yes, that's FOUR exclamation points!

Well, it turns out Kimberly has the new Moda Mystery BOM! Beth, watch your back, dear, because you're going to get megged back by me when you least expect it!!! This BOM looks wonderful! I can't wait to get started on it!

So that's it from the home front today. I'm cold. I'm happy. I'm petting new fabric. I'm giddy with anticipation over a new project! My sewing room is back in useable condition! Life is good!

6 comments:

Mar said...

hmm the Harvest Home has a purplie color in it, are you ready for that? ;-)It's sure pretty tho.
xoxo

Vicki W said...

The enw BOM is very pretty. what is "megged"?

Anonymous said...

Always happy to meg ya! LOL

Granny said...

What is up with that weather? Glad you're happy and glad you have your sewing area back together.

Miss Jean said...

Holy Mackeral! We had the hot weather last week, also, here in Northern California. This week we didn't get cold weather and tornadoes, thankfully. But we did get horrific wind. It made a shambles of my back yard and I've been coughing for days. Today is calm and cool so hopefully the worse is behind us both.

~Niki~ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.