Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Wine

Jane and I have this thing going about picking out wine by the neatest bottles! LOL. Don't laugh, we do! For Christmas I brought over Red Truck. New Year's Day she brought over White truck and this one .... Polka Dot!!



It's a Riesling, really sweet, in a dark blue bottle. One of the finer wines with a screw-on cap! ROFLOL. Geez, you can't take us anywhere!

I was going to toss the bottle tonight, but figured I might as well blog about it first. Yes, I'm getting low on blogging fodder!

I have only one side of the last border left to finish the Merry & Bright quilt top, but I'm too pooped to do it tonight. Maybe tomorrow. The thing is, I already know what the top looks like, so why finish it? I'm JUST kidding! It's one of Judy's unpublished patterns. Whenever she unveils it, I'll post the picture. I really like this quilt! It's not my usual type of fabric, but it was nice to do something different for a change!

10 comments:

pdudgeon said...

time for me to stock up on my wine again this weekend. so guess what three wines are going on my list>>>
thanks for the tip to look for some interesting wines!

Carol said...

The Polka Dot bottle was the last bottle of Reisling that I had...loved it...and I bought it because it was a fun bottle...LOL!

Paula, the quilter said...

I have some Mad Housewife in the White Zinfendel. Haven't tried it yet, but I love the label!

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

You're such a tease.....I wanna see the quilt!

Ruthie said...

I love reisling wine so I must look for it the next time I go the store.

Anonymous said...

Actually, some of the finer wines are now coming with screw caps. It seals better than cork, but people have a hard time accepting that. Enjoy! claudia

Laurie said...

LOL Vicky! I love to pick wines by the label! Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose! But it's still fun! And the screwtop...a lot of top notch wines are going to screwtops...sad but true!
Laurie

Karen said...

There is a winery in Ohio that puts (or did) quilt blocks on it's labels. The winery is in an area where a lot of Amish live. I tried to find the wine in the stores in Ohio but all they had were bottles with plain labels. They would have to special order the quilt label bottles. I have not visited the winery itself. Seems to me they were pretty blue bottles.

Rebecca said...

This makes me wonder if you've ever tried "Red Shoe" wine? I have no idea what it is...just has a neat label!

And reminds me that nobody has drunk the "Bitch" wine we gave to the woman in our group of friends who was unfortunate enough to have the nearest birthday.

Maggie said...

There is a worldwide cork shortage. No, really there is. Most vintners are moving to a plastic "cork" or screw-tops.

I do love a great Riesling. Relax was a favourite for a long time, but I can't hardly drink it anymore.