Sunday, August 30, 2009

Whoops!



Well, I put these down to take a picture of them, and Penny ran through the picture. That's when I noticed that I had the other side of the square-in-a-square to sew on. Geez, no wonder all those triangles were still sitting on my sewing table!

This is Charleston Harbor BOM. As soon as I get those triangles sewn on, it'll be another caught up BOM!

Cooking with gas here!

Oh, speaking of cooking -- Penny did something so strange today. I thought I'd broil a steak in the oven. I turned the oven fan on to pull out the smoke. After about 10 minutes, Penny was practically screaming, and I couldn't find her anywhere. Honestly, she was missing and I was panicking. I looked under and in every conceivable place in the condo. I hadn't opened the door. I was about to call the police, convinced someone had stolen her off the patio. Then I heard a wimpering. She was hiding behind the quilt rack in the living room. I think the sound of the oven fan scared the bejeebers out of her. Scared me, for sure, when I couldn't find her. Penny, Penny, what a chicken-hearted little thing you are!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely blocks :o) Penny likes to help the way my dogs like to help.

Miss Jean said...

I couldn't find Maggie one night. I was absolutely PANICKING! Running up and down the street screaming for her. Looking everywere. I was a wreck. She's a runner and if she get's out, she's a gonner! Then I remembered I put her in her crate because she had been naughty. I fell on the floor crying like an idiot when I realised where she was. It scared Maggie. When I told her later it was time for bed, instead of going into the crate like she always did, she jumped on our bed. I guess she figured she needed to keep an eye on me!

Poor little Penny. She is just so adorable!!! I'm sorry she was scared.

animal lover, quilt lover said...

Penny heard something new, something she had not heard before!! When Bambi was a puppy I would show her what she was hearing when the sound was new to her. You have a very smart dog. When they show they hear a new sound, you know they are noticing everything!
Love, Bambi and Fern

Carol said...

Poor Penny...and poor you...scared you both to death. That was a new sound for her, and probably a very different pitch of sound. She is a very alert little girl! And a very big helper.

Anonymous said...

Gosh, poor baby.....its hard being a puppy...everything is new! Glad she's ok.
Bev/Mo

Anonymous said...

Poor little thing! Glad you found her. Animals do some weird things sometimes, my cats have done weird stuff like that in the past. You never know what is going to bother them.

Nan said...

Those blocks are very pretty, even if they aren't quite finished.
Penny is such a cutie! I'm glad she's through with the spaying process and is feeling much better now.
Poor little thing - I can imagine how the oven fan must have scared her. My girls don't like the sound of our fan either, but they now know it means I'm cooking, so they brave the noise for (hopefully) something good to eat!

merumo said...

You two are too funny... I know it was not that funny when you were panicing. Limo usually hides underneath of the sofa when she is scared or don't want to take shower!

swooze said...

That BOM looks wonderful!

the Provident Woman said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
AnnieO said...

Oh, you make me laugh--"no wonder all those triangles were sitting there"! Too funny.

Our Aussie HATES the vacuum cleaner but just slinks off. He hates water also and won't come outside if anyone is running any water, even to fill his water dish! He's skidded to a stop on the front porch and turned and run when he finds me in the front flower bed with the hose!

Penny just needs to get used to the fan, poor thing.

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

the line about the triangles.. made me laugh so much.. you crack me up!!

Elaine Adair said...

I LOVE those blocks and especially the color combinations -unique and lovely.

suz said...

I'm so glad Penny is back on the mend - what a sweetie! BTW I signed up for the Civil War BOM starting in January at FQS. It's a disease, isn't it. I need a new project like a hole in the head!

Jean said...

My cat does the same thing. Of course if I want to take her pic, she won't sit still.