Monday, April 18, 2011

Inspiration

I'm not naming names, but *someone* has stuck me all the way to the bone with a big old inspiration needle. I'm on a mission now! And it involves stashbusting some long neglected fabrics! How cool is that!

I prepped applique yesterday but didn't finish up. Got the templates drawn, and now need to iron fabric. Will work on that more this week. There is a LOT of applique in my future. My new project, plus the baskets, and Anne Sutton's patterns. I also need to dig out Dutch Treats. I'm closing in on three-fourths of those done. Miss Bernina will get a tiny workout, too, for another project.

The UFOs will just have to wait. I really don't think they're seasoned quite enough just yet. Besides, no one is keeping score on those except me.

I was up all night thinking about this stuff. It's going to be a long day today! No late meetings tonight. Just getting the car back. I can crash early.

Can you see me smiling? Wow, I feel like a million bucks! :)

12 comments:

Suburban Stitcher said...

I agree! I have many UFOs that just aren't quite ready yet too!

Carol said...

Oh Vicky...you sound wonderful! I'm so happy for you! Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for your car.

Anonymous said...

So glad things are better for you. I'm working on a machine applique Christmas quilt these days. My UFOs can wait a little longer also.

Wendy in Iowa

Karen said...

I don't think you will sleep when you get home. You are too pumped up with the new projects. I have lots of projects in the seasoning process. Aging is sometimes a good thing for them. Like fine cheese or wine.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

WOO HOO for inspiration! And it definitely sounds like you are re-energized as far as the quilting goes. Good luck with the car!

Gwen said...

I'm sorry you missed so much sleep, but happy that it is for something exciting! Hugs!

Darlene said...

Those UFO's will definitely wait - keep doing things that make you smile and feel like a million bucks!

Hugs!!!

mascanlon said...

Just as soon as all the baby sewing is done I'm going to spend a day or two doing applique prep too. So glad you've found the inspiration, we just can't let the job suck all of our energy!

Unknown said...

I believe this is a message from the very early days of your quilting career. We shared many swaps from Alex's website. Nice to see that you are still very busy in the sewing room. I enjoy reading your blog and seeing photos of your projects.
I think I recognize a few folks who comment on your work as well.
Cheers from Canada.

antique quilter said...

can't wait for you to show your first blocks, isn't inspiration wonderful...
wonderful to see you so happy and inspired to sew, yeah! now get some sleep too!
Kathie

JudyT said...

Yea for Vicky! You sound so motivated and so happy. Staying awake at night thinking about quilting is so much better than work lists! Have fun and show lots of pictures.

Becky said...

I can hear the excitement in your voice. Yahoo! Have fun!