Friday, July 13, 2012

Heading to the Beach

I'm off bright and early in the morning for two days at the beach.  I was supposed to be at a sewing retreat this week but my surgery precluded me from flying.  Still so sad about missing that!  This is kind of a consolation prize, but you know what they say .... I'd rather be quilting!

Penny will not be talking to me on Monday.  She's spending the weekend with her favorite vet and getting her teeth cleaned, etc.  Yep, I'm going to be getting the cold shoulder from her.  Or at least until I start cooking.  That usually does it!

My gratitude today:

* Feeling a LOT better.

7 comments:

Darlene said...

Relax and enjoy the week end at the beach. Hugs!

Sharon said...

The beach sounds fabulous. I am going to strive to drag my butt to the ocean and go for a walk along the water this weekend.

Carol said...

Enjoy! Glad you're feeling better.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Poor Penny! Max doesn't relate my dropping him at the vet and the vet inducing pain so he always wants me to hold him and make him feel better. Enjoy the beach!!! So glad to heat that you are feeling better!

mascanlon said...

So glad you are feeling better! Hope you at least are able to take some hand sewing project along to the beach. I have started Katy's Hexy quilt, what am I thinking!

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a wonderful, relaxing weekend at the beach, Vicky! Eve in GA

suz said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better. So sad you had to miss your retreat, but the beach will be nice - enjoy!