Saturday, March 23, 2013

Wasted Day

Yesterday was a wasted day for me.  I came downstairs for an hour early in the morning, and then went back and slept until early afternoon.  I have to admit that I felt so much better the second time I got up.  Must have needed that.

I'm such a sunlight person.  If the sun is up I should be also.  When it gets dark, it's time to shut it down for the day.  I think my Daddy instilled that in me.  We would have "coffee" together every morning and watch the sun rise.  Daddy grew up on a farm, so that explains his daylight thing.  Me?  I think I just inherited that gene.

I was going to try to handquilt something small today, but I think I'll wait another day or two for that.  I have no applique prepped, no embroidery prepped.

I know ----------

I'll get out the "new" camera and start learning about it.  That can be done upstairs in bed.  Who knows?  Maybe I'll have a bunch of bedroom pictures to post later!  :)

I miss Penny so much.  If I had a way to get her, I'd do that today.  I have both dental and doctor appointments on Monday.  Maybe my ride will take me by the spa so I can get her.  I really really miss her.  A lot.

So totally bored here and this confinement has just started.

7 comments:

ytsmom said...

I hope Penny can come home soon. I understand how bored you are. Wish I could help.

Darlene said...

I was thinking about you early this morning and hoped you rested yesterday. Your body is healing, dear friend.

Do you want me to prep some embroidery for you? What's your desire? I'm going to look through my patterns and come up with something. :-)

Lindah said...

Your boredom is totally understandable. And I can imagine how you miss Penny. I'm wondering will she need care that you should not yet be doing? I know, I'm being practical. Sorry.
Do you Youtube? I'm thinking that Bonnie Hunter has a couple of videos that are interesting, as do a number of other quilters.
I hope the sun keeps shining for you. Up here in northern CA, we had high thin clouds for 8 or 10. Thin, but enough to keep out the beautiful sunshine. It is so good to see the sun shining again.
It sounds like you are doing a good job on the resting/healing project. Keep up the good work! Soon you will be up and at 'em in a more comfortable manner. Until then, take good care!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Yes, resting and healing can be really boring work. Books and TV soon get old. I understand that~ maybe you need to get out in the sun~? Do you have a small yard where you could sit for a little? I know missing Penny is a big part of your boredom too. Wish I lived closer and could help you out a bit. I would happily send you some embroidery too, but I'd need your address. ;-) (hugs)

mascanlon said...

Hmmm...these are all things I will have to ponder...wish I would have seen this earlier today I'd been happy to get Penny for you if you are ready. but I thik the sleeping in the past few days is all good, we just have to let our bodies do their thing sometimes. Hugs

Lori said...

Yes, if you feel like a nap, a nap is just what you need!

CitricSugar said...

if it helps your recuperate to take it easy, then count it as an accomplishment. :-) When I get sidelined, it's frustrating for me as I love to get things done but sometimes recognizing that my body needs time to heal or simply sleep goes a long way towards helping me cope with what I think is "non-productivity".