Sunday, May 19, 2013

Nothing Going On

There is absolutely nothing going on in the LA Quilter household.  Seriously, nothing!

You know it's pretty bad when the only thing you have to take a picture of is the stupid crock pot.



I have a tri tip roast in there and it sure is smelling good.  A couple of more hours to go.  Penny keeps going in the kitchen and looking at the stove with her nose twitching. 

I've taken to organizing small projects.  A couple of days ago it was a drawer in my bedroom.  This morning it was the drawer in the kitchen that has the Ziploc bags, etc.  Tomorrow will be filing paperwork and making some new files.  A task a day will eventually get the job done.

The Kindle has gotten quite the work-out this week.  Four books.  Admittedly a couple of them were little more than long short stories, but it feels good to be reading again after months of not being able to do so.  I can read for about an hour and then my neck starts hurting.  So I take an hour or so break and go back to it.  TV is totally boring.  I mean, there is hardly anything on worth watching other than the History Channel and the Cooking Channel, etc.  I've watched every DVD I have - and there's a lot of them - sometimes more than once.  Time to go DVD shopping again!

This morning I was looking through some pictures that I downloaded off my camera back in February.  We had a really hard hail storm one day.  The next morning when I took Penny out, the hail was still stuck in the flower beds where the sun doesn't shine very much.  This picture was taken on 2/8/13.  It looks like snow.  A really unusual sight seeings as how I live in basically an irrigated desert.



Penny started to walk on it and then quickly crawfished back onto the sidewalk.  What a weenie!  It was funny, though, because she had never seen anything icy on the ground.

I've kind of been watching the Spring Markets reports from Portland, but not as avidly as I usually do.  I've seen a few patterns that I'd like to have, and a couple of Moda lines that look interesting.  I must have the blahs .......

That's it from here.  Thought I'd best post something because friends are emailing and calling to check up on me.

6 comments:

Jocelyn said...

I've been doing a lot of reading too since my wrist surgery. I also have been checking out DVD's from our local library. They certainly have an abundance of titles, plus we can request a title from another library and have it sent to the one closer to me.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Well, you have a very nice looking crockpot. :-) Mine is showing its age. I love to read too and sometimes just can't put the book down! I've been watching market posts too. I've seen some goodies too. ;-) Have a good week!

Darlene said...

I'm coming for dinner - I like what's cooking in the crock pot. LOL

I love to read and try to limit myself to only reading just before I'm ready to go nite-nite. Very relaxing for me.

((Hugs))

CitricSugar said...

Sounds like you're making the best of your down-time!

Are you a fan of British comedy at all? If so, I've got some good dvd recommendations… :)

the ark said...

Sounds like you need to sign-up for Netflix! Lots of great stuff and the price is extremely reasonable.
So glad you can read again! I am working on the "Game of Thrones" series and I am loving it.
Maybe I should take a hint from you and start cleaning-up MY drawers and clutter spots?!
Take care of yourself and don't over-do it!
Tricia

Diane said...

Understanding the blahs. They sure are easy to slip into and hard work to get out. I picked up knitting and have made about a dozen dishcloths. I want to have the desire to go in my sewing room, it's just not happening though.
My mom passed away last month and I just seem to have become a slug. Tomorrow I m going with my husband on a business trip and hoe the change of surroundings will help.
I have too much $$ and years invested in my quilting room to not go in there.
I'm thinking if putting up " LOST MOJO - pease return" signs in my little town and see what turns up.