Sunday, December 08, 2013

Clams and Things

I worked a little each night this week on clamshells.  I have over 200 in the works.  The picture shows various stages of progress from pinning to trimming, then turning/pressing, and two sewn together to see what they will look like.  It's going to be a long process, but I'm really enjoying the mindless sewing.



There's a foot for the Bernina that I might explore getting.  It has a non-stick sole, which I think might make it move more smoothly over this fabric and serving on a curve.  If anyone has used this type of foot, I'd love to hear your experience.  Those darn feet are expensive!!

I went to Upland Sew yesterday in the downtown area.  It was cold and pouring rain.  When I turned to get to the downtown area, all of the streets were blocked off for the Christmas parade!  I'll tell you, the rain didn't deter anyone from going to the parade.  I luckily found a spot to park just a block away and, amazingly, had an umbrella in the car.  It sure was fun walking to the store and seeing the parade, catching candy, and singing along with the Christmas carolers.  Darn if it didn't put me in the Christmas mood!

There's one more project to work on before my Christmas holiday begins.  I'm having my cup of coffee, and then I'm going to jump right in feet first and see what I can get accomplished today. 

It was 32 at 3:30 this morning. Now it's 40 with an expected high of 53.  I hope all of Penny's walks today are as short as the one at 3:30!  She doesn't like being cold.  She's such a weenie!!  (And so is her Mommy!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Vicky,
I'm in Bakersfield and we must be sharing that same storm system. It is shivery boo out there...

You are very brave doing the clamshells. They do make a unique quilt and laser cutting is incredible. I look forward to seeing your progress.

Merry Christmas,
Pam

Anonymous said...

You're making great progress on your clamshells. Bet you're having fun!
It seems so odd to think of you having that chill and rain out there---bet it feels odd, too.
I'm going looking for a Christmas tree today. It will be the first time we've decorated in 16 years, but I'm really looking forward to it. Have a great day, Vicky! Eve in GA

Laura said...

I'm also in Bakersfield, like Pam. We thought we might get snow yesterday, but ... no. I don't have the Bernina foot you mentioned. Have seen it demonstrated for use on vinyl but don't know how it works for curves.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Your clam shells are lookin' good! :-) It is cold up here in WA too. Have a great week!

Lori said...

Vicki, come here, I bet Penny's walks would be a mad dash out and in!!

Glad you're having fun with the clamshells.

Christmas is coming and so the New Year too, HAVE YOU BOUGHT YOUR BLACK EYED PEAS??!! snort chuckle grin!

Deb said...

It was -10 here yesterday morning. Supposed to get upper 20's today that will be a heat wave! Can't wait to see what your finished project looks like.