Monday, March 27, 2006

Kick in the Seat of the Pants



Well, that's what I named this quilt. This was my first venture into lime green. Jane had used lime in a quilt and I saw it and it 'influenced' me! LOL! I auditioned a lot of colors for the border, and liked the green the best. I guess I was feeling frisky this day!

Another BOM that I signed up for in the very beginning. I made every block the day they came in the mail! (Sure don't do that any more!) I learned a lot from this quilt. I didn't really understand the dark, medium, light thing until this one. It was really apparent with black and white fabric. Again, not a great quilt, but at that point every one I did was a learning experience.

I need to dig this one out and take a picture of it quilted. But on the other hand, since I quilted it myself - another adventure - maybe I'll not get a picture of that! I stitched in the ditch around every single piece in the quilt, and then did a double cable in the border. Actually, it's not as bad as I'm making out, but things sure have improved in the quilting department! Finished in Dec. 2002.

And Daisy was such a big help while I was on the floor crawling around and assembling!

We've got a storm brewing off the Coast, so we're in for some rain tonight and tomorrow. I'm not complaining since we're going to have a long and dry summer, but it sure does make traffic even worse out here.

Daisy Dog is feeling much better tonight. I guess the popcorn did the trick!

I can't believe it's almost April. Time sure flies when you're having fun! My gratitude today is just being able to have fun!

8 comments:

Mary Johnson said...

I really like this sampler. One of these days I'm going to have to make one. The green was a great choice.

The Calico Cat said...

Lovely sampler - ya know Black & White taught me about value too, but I threw out what I learned! For the most part, I don't care about value. Call me a rebel!
The lime green is sublime. (I am a fan of that color!)

Nancy said...

I like this quilt too. And it really is a good lesson for value. Also love the lime green. Being a red/black kinda girl I probably would have used red instead. But I love the way the lime makes the black/white pop and think your lime is a better choice than my red would have been.

Laurie Ann said...

Daisy is so cute! Doesn't it just make your heart sing when you see them so so happy! Lucky too you had your camera handy. So often they do such cute things when we can't take a picture!!

Cher said...

a black and white quilt does teach you a lot-I like the lime green too. what a happy Daisy-glad you caught that moment to share with us.

Jeanne said...

I just LOVE the Daisy picture!
Rainy here, too.
Jeanne :)

Linda C said...

Look at that Daisy Dogger, LOL. I like the black and white combo but would probably add red or hot pink--that's just me! I like the lime but it would not spring to my mind as a first choice.

All quilts are a learning experience, I think.

Granny said...

Like your sampler too but . . I love the picture of Daisy. Looks like she's such a happy dog!

Judy L.