Saturday, July 19, 2008

Decision Made!!



I've been threatening this for a long time now, and I'm just going to DO IT!

July will be spent finishing up a couple of quilt tops that are, frankly, laid out on the floor in various parts of the Quilting Condo and needing to be assembled. July will also be spent binding 4-6 quilts.

August -- it's MY month! I'm going to work on anything I want with NO guilt whatsoever! And what I decided to do is have a BOM party for the whole month! I've got a couple in various stages, some just needing borders, and a whole slew of them that aren't even started yet. This going to be fun!

There are a couple of new ones that I'm totally excited about -- JudyL's Patchwork Party Star BOM that starts in August, and Kimberly's Sweet Treasures BOM that kicks off in September. I want to be ready to sit down and piece the moment they're here or posted!

The others that I want to work on are the appliqued pumpkin blocks, Merry Christmas for All, Blossom Time, Butterfly Kisses, Shangri-La Garden, and maybe Home for the Holidays. I figure if I can at least get the applique blocks prepped and the pieced blocks made, then I should be able to finish them all up by the end of the year. For sure the ones that I already have all the blocks and haven't started yet!

I might even prep more Dutch Treat blocks; this has been going on four years now and I'm over halfway done with those 196 blocks! The last time I worked on them was on my last trip to Louisiana, two years ago. I may take more to work on this September when I go HOME! Hooray!

If anyone would like to join the BOM party in August, feel free! I'm going to be having a ton of fun all month long. Some time during the month, I'll be having birthday cake and champagne! I'm fully enscounced in middle age and thoroughly enjoying it. That's as good a reason as any to celebrate another birthday! LOL

10 comments:

Mar said...

Vicky, better get busy and don't blink! July is almost over. Hope to be able to join the BOM Brigrade in August, if not, I will definately be on board to help celebrate your Birthday, this girl loves champagne and I have a bottle in the frig.

Granny said...

Sounds like a fun August brewing at the Quilt Condo! Since I don't have any BOM's around here, I can't join the BOM Party but if you don't mind, I'll find some other commitment for August because I do not want to miss as party!

Cheryl said...

I hope to be ready to party!!! I hsve 2 commitments to finish up (I'm almost done!) and then I have plenty BOM's I can work on. I think I'll pick and choose though so I don't disappoint myself. You know me, i can be soooooo slow.

Darlene said...

I'm on board with you, Vicky. I have several applique projects "in the works" but I'm wanting to start something brand new. I will be around to cheer you.

Here we are about to celebrate another birthday. This will be third one we've celebrated "together". :-)

Perry said...

So you are a Leo. So am I. Aren't we fun? lol......I am staying pretty caught up on my BOMS at the moment, but I don't have as many to do as you do. I do intend to do Judy's if I can, and I have some stuff to catch up so I will keep tabs to see how we are doing.

Becky said...

Sounds like a wonderful plan - to sew without guilt, to work on any project that you want. I'll sign up for that program. Ready to celebrate any and all birthdays! To use words from the song - "Celebrate good times, come on!"

Anonymous said...

Good for you! Enjoy life and celebrate every chance you get! Life is too short to feel guilty about things...so what if there are lots of quilt tops not finished. The important thing to remember is how good you feel while working on the projects.
I enjoy the process more than the finished quilt! I start lots of quilts and yes, I do feel guilty sometimes but it passes!

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

Is that ALL you're hoping to work on next month? (just kidding) Man I'm tired just reading about all you want to accomplish! I hope you get lots done. If I can get Snow Wonderland together, I may join you!

Susan said...

I love your plan for August! Yay! Do something you want.

Anonymous said...

I think I'd like to join your BOM party. I've got so many that need to get finished. Some of mine are at differnt stages. So this will be fun.