Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Stripes

Judy is going to be having Quilt Along #1. If you haven't signed up for it, you need to! This is going to be so much fun!

Stripes, she says! No problem, I say! I mosey on up to the stash room, and immediately head over to the Freddie fabrics, the ones I've collected to make a Freddie Moran quilt. I know there are stripes there. I found them, and they're gorgeous, but I only have a half yard of each of them. Nope, that won't work.

So then I start digging through the patriotics. Surely I have a great striped patriotic fabric. Nope!

I'm in "fall back" mode and I open the Robyn Pandolph closet. Nary a stripe in there. Christmas fabrics? Plenty of them, but no stripes!

Yikes!

I'm bummed. Totally bummed. I mean, what good is this humongous stash if there are no good stripes in it! I emailed Judy to tell her my predicament, but that I was NOT going fabric shopping! I mean the whole purpose of this exercise is to pull from stash, right?

Woe is me! I'm sitting here feeling all sorry for myself, just shaking my head and sighing in that way in which all Southern women excel .... when I glanced over to the Halloween fabrics. Eureka!!! Right on top all neatly packaged by the Fat Quarter Shop are stripes!!!

Oh, joy, what a happy gal I am! I have stripes. I have tubs of Halloween go-withs! I have a plan!



Whew!!! Stash busting is HARD WORK!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol... isn't it funny how those specifics we need are even hard to find in a huge stash? Glad you found something that will work!

Jean said...

That is a beautiful stripe...can't wait to see what happens with this quilt in.

pdudgeon said...

i love the story of your stripe search. isn't it interesting how we had always thought of stripes as something to use for sashings or binding. Now behold, they're the star of the show!

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Oh I was worried for a minute there! I mean, I know I don't have stripes, but I haven't been collecting, I mean quilting for as long as you have! :-)

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

Way to shop that stash! I'm very proud of you!

Patricia said...

I like strips too. I really like that fabric you have. have fun. visit me for a give away.

Julia said...

I love this stripe, I can't wait to see what you add to it! Way to go, shopping the stash! :~)

Kathy said...

What a great stripe! So glad you were able to find it in your stash. Now can you come and find one in my stash for me??? LOL ILY