Sunday, November 22, 2009

Stash Week 47

I didn't sew this week, but I've been organizing. Lordy, what a chore!

Here is a picture of three shelving units in my stash room in 2006. It was like a "color wall." Sounds good in theory but I hardly used anything at all off of it except for neutrals/backgrounds. I wanted fabrics there that I was excited about using - instead of having them shoved into a closet where I never see them.

This is what it looks like this morning.



What you can't see in this picture is the rest of the stash room. I'll save that picture for when it doesn't have tubs of color wall fabric sitting around.

And the above is why I have nothing new on my stash report this week! And may never again!!!

I'd say that's progress, wouldn't you?


Year-to-Date Totals:

Busted: 176.25 yards
Purchased: 749.95 yards
Net YTD: <573.70> yards

P.S. ROFLOL. I just read my post in the 2006 link above. Good grief, I lied!!! "I am committed to using up half (or more realistically a third) of this stuff this year. My goal is for everything to fit on the shelves. I have a closet of bolts for backings so I’m all set there. Perhaps some border fabrics or very small cuts of colors I might need for applique is all I will be purchasing."

15 comments:

Judith said...

Yes that is lots and lots of stash

antique quilter said...

wow, I could have a lot of fun making a few quilts with those fat quarter bundles! I think I even see some reproduction fabrics ;)
good for you sticking with it and cleaning up so when you do work you will enjoy it again
Hows Penny? is she helping at all??? I can imagine her pulling those bundles off the shelf to play with :)
Kathie

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

looks good!! i just moved a bookcase and my cutting table.. and that resulted in more moves.. but the room works better for me now.. and i think that is all that matters!!

Anonymous said...

Looking good.... I like your idea of displaying the fabrics that you enjoy and that you currently want to work with. Yup, the other stuff will be used eventually, but it can go hide for a while.
Liz

Di said...

Drool. Yeah, but you are still my hero, babe. Sew some of it up, and replace it with some hot new stuff to keep the mojo going.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it, lol!

Unknown said...

Seeing what you have is the best way to use it up. Not to mention it has to feel good just being able to see all the pretty and knowing how hard you worked to accomplish it all.

Carol said...

Those shelves look wonderful! You're making very good progress! I'll bet Penny's been having some fun playing in all the goodies.

Sharon said...

You have great storage spaces. Since my move and having to handle everything, I have become more committed to using what I have. It is funny how you need a color, look at everything you have, and although you might have 47 greens, none of them are quite right. Thread color is like that too!

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

You always know how to put a big smile on my face! Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Mimi said...

Hmmmmm..I see a few reds in there that I would like. That is a great way to keep them "out there" so you don't forget them.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Oh, man!!! That picture is like a quilter's love story!! Can I come and live with you? We could live off your stash! lol

PS - I had 31 yards come and live with me yesterday! :)

pdudgeon said...

Hmmm, it looks like you've got it organized by designer as well as their fabric lines. That's a very smart way to organize, because often times one line can blend with another one.
Nice job, Vicky!!!

Megan said...

Oooh, the possibilities! You must have all kinds of great ideas simmering in your head for fun projects. It's tough to bust your stash when they keep coming up with fun new fabrics, isn't it? Happy quilting!

Dawn's Daily Journal said...

Love the stash!! I have a quick question....do you buy bundles a lot? i love them, that's why I'm asking and when I finally get some shelving units I was thinking about keeping the bundles together instead of sorting them out.
dawn

Lori in South Dakota said...

I'm with Jill, she and I will help with your stash and play with Penny!