Sunday, April 04, 2010

Easter Sunday Stash Report - Week 14

Happy Easter to all! Penny and I are wishing you a glorious Sunday! We're, yikes, cooking today! Jane and her sweet DH will be coming over a little later.

Stash report .... there was incoming and no sewing. Well, I'm working on stitching the binding on #6 quilt and there are two more to go. So some forward progress is being made, even though there's no stash busting involved.

This week's box included 10 yards for the Port-de-France kit and the backing, and 9 yards of backing for the Hearth & Home BOM. You've got to hand it to me - I sure have my backings lined up for when the quilts are done, don't I? :)

I wanted to cut out a kit this week but was too stressed each night to trust myself cutting. I'm going to be making the Rabbits Prefer Embroidery quilt by Bunny Hill Designs. I picked up the kit last year from the Fat Quarter Shop. I "audited" an embroidery class at Ginger's a couple of weeks ago and was inspired enough to pull this out. Although I won't get to touch it for a couple of more weeks, I'm looking foward to working on this project. Something to keep my mind and hands busy over the next few months when I'm too worried about my person at work to sit at the sewing machine. It was Anne's suggestion, so this will be my reflection project.

Next week will see another 18 or 19 yards landing of, I think, backing to go with a Martinque bundle, and borders and backing for a Rural Jardin bundle. See how I get in so much trouble? Bought those bundles and then had to get the go-withs!

Year-to-Date Totals:

Busted: 98.625 yards
Purchased: 117.375 yards
Net YTD: (18.75) yards busted :(

8 comments:

Darlene said...

Happy Easter to you and Penny, Vicky. I'm so glad to know that you're making the embroidery plunge. You're going to do just fine - relax & enjoy.

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

Happy Easter! Head up, you have plenty of time to bust some stash yet this year!!! I can't wait for my first Vintage Memories block to get here.

Penny said...

You may be in the hole but you have a plan for it all. And it really is lovely fabric. I hope you find peace as you embroider and I hope your coworker finds health and strength. Happy Easter and good luck cooking.

Judy Laquidara said...

The embroidery project sounds perfect for this time in your life. I am proud of you for getting the backings now. You'll be thankful when those tops are finished. And . . they are going to be finished, aren't they? :)

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Happy Easter to you and Penny from me, Max and Maisy!

Now... About your report.... lol

Don't let it get out of control! :)

Lori said...

And what did the Easter Bunny put in Penny's basket??

suz said...

Happy Easter! Don't feel sad - it's April and you're only off by a little over 18 yards. You can eat that up in no time!

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

you may be in the negative... but your still in better shape than i am... and i know your pain... i can't say no to pretty fabric either!!