Wednesday, March 01, 2006

March Project


The host of our Elimination Club pulled the March number, and here it is - Dear Emma. My friend, Sally, and I are making this one together for her beautiful granddaughter. Sally is making the pieced blocks and I'm making the appliqued ones. The first appliqued block was made the day Emma was born. She's now two. Our goal is to have this finished before she graduates high school! Yeah, we can do that!!! (The third row is not assembled in this picture.) I'm going to finish the fourth row of the applique and also do the fifth row this month.

I can't believe it's already March! I sure wish I had started quilting 20 years ago. There's no way to make all the quilts I want to make. Guess they'll all be going to The Home with me!!

My happy thought today is realizing that I'm happy! Quite an accomplishment considering all I've been through in the last ten years. I've been wallowing in the past a lot lately, as evidenced in my blogs, but that's over now. I always get that way this time of year. While it's important to remember my past and where I've come from and been, it's more important to move forward - with the knowledge that each day here on earth is another opportunity I've been given to get it right!

10 comments:

Pam said...

If you guys done't quit posting your BEAUTIFUL Dear Jane projects I am going to have to dig mine out. All 2 blocks of mine!!

Wonderful and Beautiful, keep it up...very nice!

Passionate Quilter said...

I love it! I love the applique flower blocks you are adding. Obviously this isn't a "dear jane", hence the name! LOL It's beautiful!

Vicky said...

I'm sorry. This is from the book "Dear Hannah," another book by the same author as "Dear Jane." I get so lost in projects that I forget everyone else doesn't know what I'm doing. This quilt has alternating appliqued blocks, but similar diamonds in the border as "Jane."

Patti said...

I wondered where the blocks came from - I really like them! Thanks for letting us know. I've thumbed through that book quickly - guess I need to take a closer look. You are both doing a fabulous job - she will treasure this forever. Is it a secret, or are you going to let her know you are making it for her?

Tracey said...

Oh Vicky, that is so pretty. You two are doing a fabulous job on it and I'm sure Emma will cherish it always. :o)

Good for you for being HAPPY!!! :oD

Jeanne said...

Wow, Vicky, this is going to be a beauty!
Here's a {{{hug}}} for the FUTURE!
Jeanne

Cher said...

while this is not something I personally want to do-it certainly is stunning and what a heart warming project to do together-Emma is indeed a lucky gd! Nice deadline too-not too much pressure and sweet that you can enjoy the process of doing your part-glad to hear you feeling happy!

Laurie Ann said...

Emma will love this forever! A little at a time and I know you can get it done!

Granny said...

Dear Emma is so cute. If y'all finish before she graduates, are you going to give it to her early? What a keepsake that will be!

You have plenty of years before going to "the home". What I want to know is what are we going to do with all these quilts when we go there?? Chad has already said he'll sell all mine on ebay.

Judy

Vicky said...

eBay? Oh, gosh, are we going to be bidding against one another to get them back? LOL

Her grandmother is going to make the call as to when she gets it ... I'm betting she gets it early! :)