Sunday, May 21, 2006

Pattern Developing


I won't keep boring you all with pix of the strings, but I'm just amazed at how this is developing. I've been giggling all afternoon! :)

I cooked spaghetti today and made another carrot cake. I really need to learn how to make another kind! LOL. Cleaned bathrooms, washed clothes, and sewed strings. Sounds like a boring day, but I had a nice time just being home.

My gratitude today is a phone call from a special friend, and then a beautiful email from her.

9 comments:

Kim West said...

Beautiful!! I have not had the guts to try a string quilt yet... this may change my mind!

dot said...

This is turning out really nice. Has a very summer feel to it. Good choices in fabric.

Anonymous said...

That's so pretty! It's a very cheerful quilt...just makes me smile.

Sounds like you had a pretty good weekend...good to hear.

Silverthimble said...

You aren't boring us with pictures of this beautiful quilt. I love seeing how the secondary design is coming together. Keep us posted on your progress.

Anonymous said...

I must confess that I wasn't at all attracted to this quilt when I saw just 4 blocks posted, but WOW! This looks stunning! Keep showing pictures, I love it!

Hanne said...

Your string quilt looks so fresh and cheery - it makes me smile :-)

Laurie Ann said...

String quilts are so fun and I just love love love yours!!!

Patti said...

Sewing strings is really addicting isn't it? At least that's how I found it to be. Once I started I didn't want to stop. I just wish I could get back to them!

ForestJane said...

I actually love seeing other's blocks and quilts in progress... you get a much better idea of all the work that goes into the quilt, than if you simply see the finished product. :)

It's looking great!