Thursday, May 18, 2006

Round Robins


This was a round robin project for our Retreat in the Middle 2005. It was the first round robin I had ever done. One or two of the quilts that came to me were challenging, but for the most part I enjoyed the experience. As it turned out, I was not able to attend the retreat, but I received a video of the RR unveilings - and also of Judy being presented her quilt. Those ladies looked like they were having a ton of fun!

Tomorrow is my 12th anniversary at work. Looking back I'm surprised I lasted a year there. It was real hard for me to go from being a world-traveling court reporter to going to one office every day. Add that to the unhappiness of being uprooted from everything I knew and loved, and I was just not a happy camper. But I not a quitter, so here I am 12 years later. For the most part I was pretty miserable out here until I started quilting five years ago. That's when I met folks and found something to do with my idle mind! Like Judy, I think a lot about going home, but I guess I'll stick it out another couple of years. Then who knows!

Daisy is walking real slowly the last couple of days. I'm hoping it's not her back again. She had surgery a year ago and I don't know if I can put her through that again. It might be that she's just not very active any more since we moved into the condo. There's no yard I can just turn her out into. I've got to walk her on a leash. I've need to make a concerted effort to take her out for strolls three or four times a day on the weekends instead of just twice. That would probably be good for both of us!

My gratitude today is a sweet olive tree that I can smell at the office but I can't locate. It must be at a nearby office. I must investigate!

6 comments:

Jeanne said...

Oh, my! Twelve years is a long time!
Hope Daisy's OK.
Jeanne

Laurie Ann said...

Love that round robin. It really pops and it so beautiful! I am sending prayer's Daisy's way. I've heard that mini dachschund's backs can be a problem. Kinda like the sheperd's hips. Our babies ...

Doodlebug Gail said...

Vicky, from the day you posted the middle of that Round Robin I loved it. It's gorgeous and I'm sure this year's will be just as, or even better (if that's possible).

Sorry to hear that Daisy is a little slow lately - hoping that she perks up with having you home for the weekend.

Doodlebug
Gail L.

Granny said...

Oh, no . . I hope Daisy is ok. Twelve years is a very long time to be way over there in CA!

Do you know I have not smelled a sweet olive since I had one in my yard in Louisiana many years ago. I wonder if they even grow here. Thanks for the reminder of how good they smell!

Judy L.

Patti said...

That round robin is one of the prettiest I've ever seen. What a lucky girl you are to have such a beautiful quilt made by friends. Sending positive thoughts for Daisy's health.

Linda C said...

Looking at the round robin quilt gives me an idea of something I might try for the one I have to do.

Hope Daisy gets some relief from what is ailing her--poor thing. Pippi had to have an ACL surgery last year so I hope we never have to go through something like that again either. Dogs get that they say but cats?