Friday, June 30, 2006

Grrrrrr.......

I hate thinking about electronic things. I really do. My internet cable service has been down for two days. So I called them last night, and they can't have anyone out until July 5th to fix it. I asked if I was under contract, and am not. I hung up with them and called Verizon and asked about their DSL package. About ten days to get it all hooked up. So I ordered it. Figured I'd be doing a lot of sewing in the meantime.

Then, lo and behold, last night I came back online. Now I don't know what to do. Any preferences or suggestions on DirectTV cable versus Verizon DSL will be appreciated.

Off to work earlier today. It's going to be a long one, but then FOUR DAYS OFF - IN A ROW!!! I'm as excited as a child on the last day of school! :)

5 comments:

Darlene said...

Four days off - in a row!!! WooHoo!!!! LOL Will you sew, sew, sew, and sew and sew some more?

Finn said...

Hi Vicky, sorry to be missing..but I've been singing the computer blues too...you know? That one that goes " I'm so not online, or I'm sooo moving at a snails pace"?? Ya, that one. I went to DSL the end of March, and have been much happier, but that was from a dial up. I don't know about cable connection. It's not availible in my rural area, altho I've heard it's coming.
I've been on dialup for 9 years, and maybe wouldn't have switched but when I upgraded my Norton AntiVirus, it's a huge program and slowed my computer down to almost a standstill.
All I can is if you are going DSL, you are on line all the time, and that gives "intruders" more opportunity. Be sure you have good virus and worm protection if you don't already.
I wouldn't go back to dial up, but every once in awhile, if I feel like it, I just pull the plug on my external modem and then I'm offline. SOmetimes that is a good thing...*VBS* Hugs for a 4 day getting to sew weekend, FInn

quiltpixie said...

Hope you're able to stay on-line without a problem over the weekend. :-)

kim said...

Sorry to hear about the computer trouble! I always say they either work wonders or cause big headaches! Enjoy your well deserved time off.

Happy quilting & happy 4th!
:-) Kim

Doodlebug Gail said...

Oh boy - 4 days off and all in row! I can't wait to see what you're going to accomplish over the weekend. What do you have planned?

Hope you're still taking care of that shoulder and keep cool.

Hugs
Gail