Monday, June 12, 2006

Thank You

I was very moved by the lovely comments you all posted on my last blog. I did a lot of thinking about the past ten years on Sunday, and I came to the conclusion that things happen for a reason. I am exactly where I'm supposed to be right now, and I've been given another opportunity, or several of them, to get it right. So for the next ten years, that's what I'm going to work on - just trying to be the best person I can be and living my life to the fullest. It's funny when I think about this: I've had really two different lives - up until 12 years ago when I moved to the Left Coast, I was something right out of "Southern Living." Then out here I find myself being much more casual, enjoying more the company of others, having a ton of fun with this quilting thing, and maybe, perhaps, a lot happier. Of course, there were a lot of bumps in the road to get to this place, but here I am!

My friend, Gracie, has a quote that she uses as her signature on a site we both frequent. I don't think she'll mind if I borrow it.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "WOW, what a ride!" ~author unknown~

Well, I may be too old and fat to do much broadside skidding, but I'm ready to take that ride!

So, again, thank you from the bottom of my heart to all who posted comments or sent emails to celebrate this anniversary with me. I am overwhelmed by the kindness and beautiful words sent my way. I don't know why I'm overwhelmed, though, because I already knew that quilters are the kindest folks on the planet!

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

{{{Vicky}}}
A special hug and smile coming at you this evening >>>>>
Jeanne :)

Shelina said...

I was bloghopping and just came across your blog. I just read the two entries too, and you have been through quite the experience. You have a great philosophy of life. I stumble over the right words to say lots of times, and I haven't had any brain surgery.
{{{{hugs}}}}

kim said...

What a journey!! Changes and challenges are never easy, it sounds like you have handled them with grace. Thank you for sharing the experience- what a great example!
Thanks! Kim

Saska said...

It's the journey that gets us thru life. Maybe the road is bumpy, but without the bumps we'd never have the character that makes each one of us different.

May the next 10 years of your journey be happy and healthy!