Friday, June 30, 2006

Thinking Ahead to Christmas



I made this quilt probably three years or so ago for my niece. But I couldn't give it to her until I made one for her sister. Well, I've procrastinated long enough. I will start Lisa's quilt this weekend. It wasn't like I didn't have the best intentions. In fact, the focus fabric was purchased with her in mind when I first started quilting five years ago. They are both getting quilts for Christmas!

Kyra's favorite colors are pink and green, so the Robyn Pandolph "Secret Garden" line was perfect for her. With a lot more experience under my belt now, I would do different things with the color placement, but too late now! LOL! Queen size. Beautifully quilted by Judy.

It was SO hot today I couldn't even touch my steering wheel when I got in the car to come home. When my car was in the shop a couple of months back, they reset all the computer gadgets, and now my temperature gauge is in Celsius. I had to look up the conversion when I got home. 40C is 104F. 104! And that was at 5:20 tonight. I'm too old for this heat!

Gratitudes:

~ My nice cool home

~ A long four-day weekend ahead

~ Dinner with Jane tomorrow night

~ Still managing to get up on time this morning even though I was awakened by a late night call

~ Fresh rosemary

9 comments:

quiltpixie said...

sounds like a good temperature to hide in the a/c and cut out a new quilt:-)

Unknown said...

Boy - that is hot - we're struggling with 29 degrees C or 84 degrees F but then heat comes with sticky over here and we are wimps too - I guess you must love you air conditioning :o)

Jeanne said...

What a lovely gentle quilt -- she'll be delighted with it. Can't wait to see the fabrics for the other one.

This weekend we're doing more furniture dragging-around, and starting to pack stuff -- ugh. Stay cool.

Hugs ~ Jeanne

Silverthimble said...

What a beautiful quilt! Kudos to you for getting a head start on your Christmas gifts!

Tracey said...

That is a beautiful quilt, Vicky. It even looks soft and cuddly. VERY nice job.

(((HUGS))) for your day!

Hanne said...

What a lovely girlish quilt :-)

Darlene said...

Beautiful quilt - your color placement looks fine to me. Anxious to see the other quilt.

kim said...

The quilt is great. I'm sure it will be cherished. Good luck getting the other one started and finished. :-) Kim

Finn said...

I'm not a fan of pink and green either, but you did a very nice job with them. I'm sure the girls will be just delighted!! I could hardly believe your car was that hot!! I have heard those kind of temps on tv, but guess it's not part of my daily reality. Please be careful...take care of you..*VBS* Hugs, FInn