Sunday, November 16, 2008

Stash Report Week 46

I guess the good thing about working so much is it doesn't leave me much time to poke buttons! Good thing, because I still managed to poke a few! LOL

Before the stash report starts, I want to mention the Boy Scouts day I had yesterday. My CEO is a patron of the Boy Scouts, and this year agreed to let them drop ship all of their pallets of popcorn at our plant. Well, yesterday was the day they came to pick up the popcorn for their holiday sales. We arranged to have one of our forklift drivers meet me at the plant at 6:30 a.m. He pulled all of the pallets out into the parking lot, and the Boy Scouts administrators set up a staging area. Starting at 7:00 there were 40-50 troops lined up to pick up their popcorn. Lordy, our facility has never seen so many cars and trucks at one time ever! They lined up at the administrators' table to get their picking order, and then backed their vehicles up to get loaded up. It was quite a sight! Naturally I didn't think to bring my camera with me! Anyway, they were all done by noon, the area was cleaned up, and it was over. Those folked worked so hard, and the dedication of all of those parents is commmendable!

Now, on to the stash report ...

I busted nothing again this week, but the project I'm working on is moving forward. It'll be finished up today. The next one up to finish will be a bust!

A couple of purchases this week. The tower arrived of Nature's Chorus that was ordered last week. This one is for me! I also purchsed an FQ pack of reds from the Judie Rothermel Quaker Quilt line. Reds are sorely lacking in my Civil War stash. Shortly after the first of the year I'll be stash diving for a CW project, and these were needed.

I'm not very observant, but a couple of months ago noticed that sometimes certain colors from a line are grouped together at The Fat Quarter Shop. When I first saw that, I ordered one of those packs of neutrals for a line that I was diddling with at the time. It worked out great for me. I'll have to keep an eye out for more of those in the future. Sometimes I just need an eensy bit more and those color groupings are perfect.

And speaking of not being very observant, I spent a whole week at my brother's house and have no clue what colors to choose for a quilt for their bedroom. Gail, if you're reading this, I need help!! Man, you can't take me anywhere!

One more thing ... I'm fervently pondering my 2009 quilting year. I think I have a plan. More on that later.

Year-to-Date Totals:

Busted: 406.00 yards
Purchased: 709.00 yards
Net YTD: <303.00> yards busted

(sigh............)

8 comments:

Granny said...

That's a good stash report (for you!). Getting up early to go work with the Boy Scouts outweighs the negative numbers on the stash report. That was a very nice thing for you, your boss and the forklift driver to have done.

Vicki W said...

I agree with Judy - you should feel proud!

pdudgeon said...

great work!!!
like you i'm preparing for next year as well.
i think we should add a new term to our vocabulary as quilters--pre-punching.
that's where you punch in an order of fabric this year for use next year.
And it's totally not our fault if it shows up early...right???

Lori in South Dakota said...

would have loved to see all the boy scouts. Did you order any popcorn?? And you didn't push a LOT of buttons this week. I am a civil war fan too, I am waiting to see what you make for your civil war busting project. that is one area I have left along because I love it so much.

jlk said...

I love your weekly reports! Believe me, I cannot wait for the day when I have more stash than I know what to do with!

antique quilter said...

still think you need to look at your stash as your retirement fund! YOu will need all this fabric when you move back home...and you don't have a paycheck coming in like you do now!
at least this is what I keep telling myself!
good for your Boss and you for helping the scouts..
nice thing to do .
Kathie

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

I would have thought you'd have the FQS site memorized. (jk) I think we should all take pictures of our stash at the end of December and then again at the end of next year. It would be interesting to see how different (good or bad) it looks.

Sounds like a lot of work with the Boy Scouts, but the reward made it worth!

Nan said...

The Boy Scouts is such a great organization - I was a Den Mother for many years to 11 boys, my son being one of them! I loved my years with the Scouts, and all the wonderful people I met and worked with. I'm glad you got to see them in action.
Nice stash report!