Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Day 2008

Wishing everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving 2008. I have much to be thankful for this year.

But next year I'm skipping November. This is two years in a row I've been sick at Thanksgiving. Oh, wait, if I skip November, that means that Christmas is even closer! Yikes! Never mind!

I've been catching up on BOMs this week. There are four on which I'm determined not to get behind. Two were posted previously. Here are the other two.



Sweet Treasures BOM. This Portobello Market fabric is so wonderful, and the blocks are easy and fun to make. It will be a dynamite quilt!



Designer Mystery BOM. I think everyone knows how much I love this Peace on Earth fabric! I think I'll have three or four quilts made from it before I deplete it from my stash! Or five or six. But who's counting?

I'm in a piecing mood lately. I go in spurts. Does anyone else do that? Sometimes I only want to needleturn applique. Other times I want to hear the Bernina humming. I'm behind on some applique stuff, but that's okay. It's not going anywhere!

Happy Thanksgiving from Daisy and me!

4 comments:

Patti said...

Yep - absolutely! Right now I have so many applique projects neeeding attention, but I'd much rather be piecing. Maybe that's why I'm spending so much time prepping blocks. I find applique quite frustrating these days because I just don't see as well as I used to.

So sorry you are sick for Thanksgiving! Sew is my daughter and my son-in-law's family. We are supposed to do our celebration on Saturday but it's looking like Rebecca and Rick won't make it.

:-(

Paula said...

You can still skip November next year. Just add in an additional October and that will be perfect!!! LOL Sorry you are sick. This is the year. We have two under the weather here!

Anonymous said...

I definitely work in spurts. I've been in an English paper piecing spurt for about a year now! lol! As always, I'm so impressed with your block-a-months!!!

Becky said...

I'm making a tote bag for a Christmas gift with a Peace On Earth charm pack. Wonderful fabric! Glad the shop didn't have yardage or I would own a great deal. Just love 3 Sisters fabric!