Saturday, December 13, 2008

Sick Sewing


Well, it would be better put that I'm sewing sick. Came down with a stomach flu yesterday. I left work at 1:30, something I never do. Needless to say, it was a long night last night. I feel shaky but somewhat better today. This kind of blows the heck out of the errands I needed to run today.

I decided to see if I could get something done this morning. I made the seventh block on the Designer Mystery BOM from my favorite Peace on Earth fabric. This is the first time I've laid them all out together. I haven't squared the blocks yet, but can already tell it's going to be a dynamite quilt!

Next up is the Sweet Treasures BOM block. Then Block 9 on Judy's Star BOM.

I'll be posting the Simply Sophisticated blog post this weekend, so stay tuned. This is a tough month to try to get our blocks done, but we'll keep the finishing date for the blocks and your entry into the drawing for the 25th. I'll draw the winner of the $25 gift certificate from The Fat Quarter Shop around 10:00 a.m. Pacific time on December 26th. Remember, you have to post a picture of your finished blocks on your blog and let us know that you've done it, or email me a picture of your finished blocks to be entered into the contest. If you just can't get it done this month, never fear. There will be a drawing every month until the BOM ends.

Well, I'm heading back to the Bernina for as long as I can. I'm sick of being sick!!

4 comments:

Granny said...

Oh, Vicky! I'm sorry. You don't have time or energy to be sick. Hope you're feeling better really soon. Don't try to do too much . . rest and sleep, ok?

pdudgeon said...

awwww, wish i could send you some chicken soup and soda crackers, but i can send a sympathetic hug.

((((((((((Vicky))))))))))))))

Jean said...

Very pretty blocks, hope you get to feeling better!

whimzeestitches said...

Hope you feel better soon Vicky. Love the BOMs you are creating!