Monday, September 05, 2011

Inspiration Thank You!

I knew if I put out a call for help, quilters would respond. And respond you did! I spent yesterday looking at all of the ideas from readers. I poked a few buttons for patterns, magazines, and pre-ordered a book mentioned. Next week most of those should be arriving. I'll be immersed in reading and planning - and hopefully reach a decision.

This decision isn't really as hard as I'm probably making it. It's just that I don't want to just buy fabric without a plan, but I want to make sure I have enough of this gorgeous stuff. Hence, the pondering about this tower. Wait, did I just say that? Buying fabric without a plan? Yep, I think I did ...

I was walking through the kitchen yesterday and I saw a book sitting on the counter (don't ask) waiting to be put away. It had houses on the front. Back to the computer to look at Carrie Nelson's new pattern just posted on her blog. Scroll down to see "Full House" that several of you mentioned. By George, houses it might be.

I have a bunch of patterns with houses. I have the Marti Michell templates for the schoolhouse blocks. I have youthful vim and vigor. Okay, I'm delusional about that last one! :) :)

{OMG, the loudest thunder just shook the place. We hardly ever hear thunder in SoCal. And now it's raining! I love it!}

Back to houses, I did a quick pull from the pattern stash.



I also threw in that Long Tall Sally pattern by Miss Rosie just because the colors on the pattern front caught my eye.

So no decision yet, but at least, thanks to you, I see the possibilities now!

You know what? You rock! And the rain lasted for a grand total of five minutes.

6 comments:

Suburban Stitcher said...

I love Cherri House's "House's House" pattern. I made one block when she posted it online as a freebie...before the printed pattern was available. It's such a great (and unique) way to use solids.

mascanlon said...

Yep the rain rocked us too for 10 minutes...just long enough to soak the patio cushions so we can't enjoy coffee on the deck in the cool air. Can't wait to hear what you get up to on your holiday.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Oh I love houses too! Such fun decisions! We haven't had any rain in over a month~ sure would like a little thunder. :-) Have a happy day!

Laura said...

I'm glad you got such good feedback on your neutral quilt question. I didn't have any great ideas for you because I rarely work with neutrals, even though I like them. Let us know what you decide!

Gwen said...

Can't wait to see what you decide on!

antique quilter said...

oh that welcome home book looks like a good one! Love that new pattern by Carrie, I have to get that one too....ah yes your going to have fun finding just the right pattern to make
Kathie