Thursday, September 08, 2011

The Perfect Storm

I had a gut feeling this would happen. Two MAJOR things at work, projects that I've been working on months on one and a year on the other -- well, they're both culiminating at the same time. The next two weeks will be horrible, and for the next 60 days I'll be working long days and most weekends. I honestly don't know how I can be in two places at once, but I'll give it the old college try.

Yes, my internet went down again on Monday and was down until a few minutes ago. I have them coming out again on Saturday morning to hopefully trace the problem. If they can't, then I'm having it disconnected and I'll look for another provider.

Quilting -- none. Poking buttons -- not at all. Petting fabric -- nope.

Keep me in your thoughts through this period. And keep Penny in your thoughts, too. She is so cute when she throws herself at me when I finally get home at night. She just wants some attention. That's not asking for much, is it?

Please take some stitches for me!!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there!

julieQ said...

Oh, sorry Vicki!! I know you can do it...but what a pain to have all that going at once!!

Carol said...

Lots of good thoughts coming your way...send Penny to Mom for a long sleepover...she'll give her tons of attention...LOL! Take care!

Vivian said...

It never fails to happen: announce you have a project you want to get started on and life interferes.

But the fact that the projects are peaking is a good thing. Focus on getting them to their completion and when done you will have a well deserved break coming. Because no time to pet fabric is just not fair!

Yvette said...

Hopefully after the next two weeks fly by you can have a break.

Sherry said...

Vicky, I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been having time to play. Good luck on the work front --- I'm sure everything will work out just fine; it always seems to, doesn't it?!

I have finally been able to get some sewing in --- mainly since I am forcing myself to work on things even though the basement is still a shambles from the reconstruction.

Can't wait to see what you will be coming up with once you get back to sewing.

mascanlon said...

So sorry! Its always that way at work for me too. No matter how you preplan and develop the work flow to avoid it things all seem to collide...like magnets! Hugs for sweet Penny, they do love their Mom's attention.

Deb said...

hang in there, it will get better. POOR PENNY - she'll make up for lost time when she can!

Gwen said...

Take a few minutes every evening for you and Penny! Be sure to eat lunch. Remember that you are in my heart and prayers! Hugs!

Sharon said...

Keep your eye on the big picture, retirement! Hang in there and I'll take a few for you!

Katie Z. said...

You can do it! We will all be thinking of you and hoping that you are okay. Just remember to eat your lunch before 5, okay?

antique quilter said...

hang in there :) it won't be long....
I hope this internet service can get straightened out, even looking at quilts makes me happy some days!
Kathie

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

How nice to have Penny to come home to~ she is all ready to erase the bad day! Don't work too hard, take lunch breaks! ;-) Sending lots of good thoughts your way!

Granny said...

I don't know how you'll get through it but I know you will and I so hope things slow down for you once this is all behind you.

Perry said...

Will be thinking good thoughts for you as you work through the next several months. Hope all goes well!