Saturday, September 03, 2011

She's Baaaack

Well, maybe she is. The internet connection was zipping when the tech left, and now it's wonky again. Better hurry up and get this posted before it conks out! Again.

Busy week. Yesterday my hands started shaking and I realized how hungry I was. I got up from my desk to grab lunch and glanced at my watch. It was 5:20!! Need to pay attention to that sort of thing from now on.

I've been organizing this morning ... ROFLOL. I think it's hopeless. Officially reached the fabric saturation point here. Plan on getting a couple of projects finished up this weekend and off my sewing table. Not that that will help any with the saturation situation, but at least I'll feel better about it! Gotta love the way I think!

But I do have a quilt to show off.



This is "Tulip Time" by Anne Sutton of Bunnyhill Designs. Don't you love it when your favorite designers decide they need to reduce their quilt stash! I have collected quite a few quilts made by my heroes but I didn't have a Bunnyhill quilt. Now I do! It's gorgeous! Thank you, Anne, for giving me the opportunity to add you to the collection! The pattern is on the Bunnyhill site here. Darn, she has the cutest patterns!

Penny is in her kennel right now. I was going to spring her loose when the tech left, but I noticed she was sound asleep. You know what they say .. let sleeping dogs lie! So I guess this means I need to put off vacuuming until she wakes up? :)

Off to finish clearing off the sewing table. I know there's a Bernina under there somewhere!

I hope everyone has a safe holiday weekend. Hoping my friends back East have power now after Irene. And I'm praying for those folks getting soaked with rain right now from Lee. I offered to order up the Ark for my brother this morning. He replied that maybe that would be a good idea as he saw pairs of animals heading to the bayou!

Sorry. That kinda humor runs in the family...........

Update: Well, in the process of fixing my internet connection, they screwed up the TV connections. Guess I won't be watching LSU today. Appointment, a week from today. That does it. I'm moving!

Update to Update: TVs are back on. Guess they fixed it outside. I really don't think they wanted to deal with me again today! Geaux Tigers!!!

15 comments:

Laura said...

Gorgeous quilt! I would have been shaking like you if I worked through lunch until 5:20. I can skip breakfast or dinner, but lunch is a must-have or I start feeling really bad.

Katie Z. said...

Fabric saturation? That sounds like an exciting dilemma.

julieQ said...

So glad you are back...it is wonderful to be buried in fabric, rather than papers, deadlines, computer stuff, meeting notices...right? I loved the Ark joke too, although I sure hope not that much rain comes!!

Unknown said...

The Bunnyhill quilt is goregous! Ah, another LSU fan! My partner is from Lousiana, (Natchitoches) and is a rabid fan, LOL. In fact, she's in LA for two weeks visiting family and I'm pretty sure the game is on there..... :)Not here in Oregon tho...I'm not a football fan..

quiltingnana said...

that is a great addition to your quilts

Connie said...

Love your new quilt.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Total bummer about the TV connections and wonky internet... Do you have cable or a dish? Maybe you should think about switching?

Since you have been out of the blog loop, I posted my new studio this week. :) So happy it's done!!

Quilterbee said...

Your quilt is lovely that you bought. No one does their job right any more, except you who works until dinner time and thinks it about time for lunch. Speaking of fabric I bought some civil war fabric yesterday and today while I was at the quilt shop for open sewing. Just a little to add to the fabrics for the quilt. Have fun sewing this weekend. I'll send you an email tomorrow if I get a chance.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Oh my gosh~ my stomach would have been making such noise they would've heard it at the space station! I'm glad only your hands were shaking. Take some granola bars for your desk drawer. ;-) Or better yet, take a lunch break~ you deserve it!
Your new quilt is lovely! So sorry abt your TV. We had problems for a few days with our connection, but I got on line with their 'tech support' and they sent a TV boost and it worked. :-)
Enjoy your saturated sewing room!~ dream and create and have fun! :-)

karen @ badlandsquilts said...

You better find some more room... I was reading Carrie @ Miss Rosie's quilts blog the other day and she made a reference to PP2 by Laurie & Polly so I wonder if there is going to be a Prairie Paisley 2? (Of course I thought of you when I read it...I gotta find room too!)

Darlene said...

Welcome back, my friend, I've missed you! Love your new quilt - it's adorable!!!! Take care of yourself, please!!!!

mascanlon said...

Glad your back! Our cable has been a pain lately have to reset it a lot! Sunspots do you suppose? I was on a fabric binge the last 2weeks,hoping to get something done this weekend...not that anyone will be able to tell! I keep some peanut butter crackers in my desk for those crazy days"

Gwen said...

Yeah! She's back! Missed you and hope it stays fixed. Wonder if they had to take our whatever he put in to speed things up? Did you enjoy the game? LOL! Enjoy the weekend!

Melanie said...

We watched the game last night....Lots of rain in La. right now. Hope your family is dry. quilt time is defnitely more important that vacuuming....

Sharon said...

What a beautiful quilt. I found my cutting table the other day, what a great feeling, now if only I could find my scissors! Have a great weekend.